autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you only had 30 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Hjfowler View Post
    This is spot on.

I do some light detailing for friends and family. Lately I've been detailing cars for people who work where my sister works. Vacuum, nice wipe down of interior, very minor paint correction (usually a meguiars AIO). I have a black car that's 3 years old. I keep the paint in top shape. I use the car as an example to show them the results they can get from a detail. (This is only works for light paint correction. I'm not doing a full on detail you guys are probably referring to. But a finished product can help make the sale.)
    Problem is pulling out a light and showing them doesnt affect their daily lifestyle. Also 90% of people out the difference either. If I had 30 seconds, I'd say something similar to what someone else had mentioned-- resale value. Get the car done when you decide to sell it, bring it to me. I'll take detailed pictures and you can use it for your for sale ad to get a couple more thousand dollars.

Me personally, i detailed a camery that was for sale for a couple months. After I detailed it took some after shots. The guy put it back up with my shots and sold it for $11.5k in a week vs his $10k he had up for a couple months. I cannot definitivley say that the detail got the car sold, but I can say there is a strong correlation, so I'd use that example.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    You have no idea what having no idea can do to ruin paint..... don't be a cheap-ass.

How's that?

LMAO!!! That one cracked me up!! Almost saying, "Stupid is as is Stupid does!"

I recently pointed out to one of my clients in my main business (not detailing) that she had swirls in her car. She did not realize it until I showed her in the parking lot. It was a sunny day and there was no need to use a flashlight. She could clearly see it.

I let her know that whoever is taking care of her car has no clue on detailing the car.

She let me know that it was her gardener washing the car for extra $$.

Her $300,000 Custom Bentley Convertible with swirls...ouch!!!

All within 30 seconds.

DetailKitty one thing was for sure....I did not tell her she was a "Cheap-Ass"....LOL!!!!

As for whether she still uses him I would guess not!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    "Please...Don't just take my word for it:
    Here's a brochure outlining the information that's available from several sources...including vehicle paint manufacturers, Dealerships, Kelly Blue Book, among others...that explains the necessity of taking measures in having a well-maintained vehicle---including that of it being clean and waxed".

"If you have any questions regarding the care of your vehicle(s) do not hesitate to ask, or call on me. My Business card is attached to the brochure...
    And: Thanks for your consideration"!!

Bob
    You have that brochure?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The opposite sex is attracted to shiny things. Let me help you spice up your love life.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope you are not rehearsing for an elevator sales pitch or even worse a urinal call. No one appreciates either of those FWIW

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I hope you are not rehearsing for an elevator sales pitch or even worse a urinal call. No one appreciates either of those FWIW
    Nah. A meeting with a marketing group.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12