autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with people nowadays?

Just had to post this experience I had today:

After work, I ran a few errands and the last stop was the grocery store to pick up a few things. I grabbed what the wife had written down, and a few things I wanted, and headed to the checkout.

When I got there, their was a young woman just finishing paying, but she forgot to apply a coupon. The cashier gladly redid the transaction for her (Took like 30 seconds). I hear a grunt and moan from behind me.

In front of me was an elderly women. Had to be at least 80. She only had about 7 items.

When the cashier scanned one of her items, it didn't reflect the sale price, so she questioned it.

The lip clicking and sighs from behind me was now SO audible that I just had to turn around, look at them and say "What in the hell is your problem? What if this was your own grandmother?" The party just rolled their eyes.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little sick of how most people have zero tolerance or compassion for others, and expect everything to instantly cater to themselves.

Rant over. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

2. Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the deal with people nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Just had to post this experience I had today:

After work, I ran a few errands and the last stop was the grocery store to pick up a few things. I grabbed what the wife had written down, and a few things I wanted, and headed to the checkout.

When I got there, their was a young woman just finishing paying, but she forgot to apply a coupon. The cashier gladly redid the transaction for her (Took like 30 seconds). I hear a grunt and moan from behind me.

In front of me was an elderly women. Had to be at least 80. She only had about 7 items.

When the cashier scanned one of her items, it didn't reflect the sale price, so she questioned it.

The lip clicking and sighs from behind me was now SO audible that I just had to turn around, look at them and say "What in the hell is your problem? What if this was your grandmother?" The party just rolled their eyes.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting a little sick of how most people have zero tolerance or compassion for others, and expect everything to instantly cater to themselves.

Rant over. Lol

It's not just you, theres a time and place. There is no reason to feel rushed buying groceries or doing any errand tasks.

Just yesterday I pull up to fill gas at an empty pump and reversing to get my tank side on the pump. A car pulls behind me and blocks me. I patiently wait, mind you my reverse lights are on. This being Chicago I scan to make sure it isnt a car jacking attempt lol. The car doesn't move and the driver comes out to ask if I am getting gas? She is flustered and annoyed. I said yes, hence why I'm still in reverse waiting for you to move. What did she think I was doing? She just didnt want to wait and hoped I would leave the pump.

Also who the hell gets out to ask if I'm getting gas? This was on west side of Chicago in a smaller gas station.

4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya. Less patient, less tolerant people these days. Driving too, people are quick to flip the bird. SMH.

I blame LBJ. JK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_TCH View Post
    I hear ya. Less patient, less tolerant people these days. Driving too, people are quick to flip the bird. SMH.

I blame LBJ. JK.
    Well, I drive through NYC a lot. The driving thing is pretty much a given....... Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

What's the deal with people nowadays?

I don’t like being in public for too long because of situations like this. Society seems to be causing me to keep more and more to myself.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

8. Likes PaulMys, VISITOR, KBsToy, JHL88, Coleroad liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it's the youth now they are so impatient. I do find myself impatient sometimes. But if it's an older lady questioning why something didn't reflect a sale price or paying by check. I just imagine them being my mother or grandmother. But OMG the teeth smacking sound when those people do that I want to punch them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•Sadly...
    -I also have been witnessing the decline in our
    “public relations” with each other; and, that this
    decline is now increasing at such an alarming rate.

•It’s not a good sign;
    -it’s pretty bad out there.

•However:
    -Wait until ”The Illuminati” is in full control!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

you're right Paul. this day and age it seems many are all about me me me, and could careless about others. as a matter of fact, i was at a few grocery stores today and there was a young lady with her daughter right behind us with around 3-4 items and i let them go ahead of us. they both said thanks, and were on their merry way. who knows, after that they could of payed it forward and possibly do something courteous to the next person elsewhere. so many people on this earth and we all have to share and wait our turn sometimes...

13. Likes PaulMys, Hammer77, Celabe, oneheadlite, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Simple civility has left our society as well as our moral compass. For a generation that relies so much on their parents and grandparents, you would think they would have more patience.

15. Likes PaulMys, ScottH, Celabe, oneheadlite, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I stay at home most of the time so I can take as much or as little time that I need.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast