autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My New Ride

Post Thanks / Like

My New Ride

No, not what you may have thought but I had a new bicycle delivered to me this morning, the other bike is just too heavy for me right now, I can use it later when I'm stronger on dirt trails.

This is my 2014 Kent Shogun....

It's made with 100% aluminum and weights nothing which is what I need right now, large leather seat, with springs for a softer ride.
    No gears, just go
    No hand breaks either, you stop it using your foot, again like back in the day.

When I called to ask questions of the bike I asked what colors did they offer, they said this model only comes in matte black, well right there I was smiling

I took it for a very short ride, like down the driveway and I love it.

But before I hit the roads with it I wanted to protect everything on the bike.
    I need to raise the seat and adjust the handle bar to my likings.

I did the following.

Was a little dusty so I used the DP Quick Detailer.
    Applied two coats on Collinite 845 to all painted surfaces then topped it with the Duragloss AW
    I also use the AW on the bare aluminum wheels including the spokes.
    Applied the Wolfgang Trim Sealant to the seat, hand grips and the white walls so it will protect all rubber and plastics plus make it easier to wash.

I feel like a kid, I even want to name her, yes it's a girl, if I have to ride it has to be a girl
    If you guys want to play along in helping me pick out a name for her please do, yes I'm bored here at home.

My rehab starts today, doctor wants me to do a lot of walking and even loved my idea in riding a bike just make sure to be really careful not to lay it down. Lol

Here are the picture of it, maybe it will help to name her

Large seat and nice hand grips.

I know some of you must be saying what a silly thread but for me it gives me confident in healing and getting stronger, I take support from anyone that offers it

Thanks for taking the time to look at my new pride and joy

Kevin
    cajundetailingbykevin.com
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My New Ride

Much better than that stone of a Huffy. I hope you live in a flat area though...one gear is, well, one gear. Kinda like having a polisher with one speed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trekkeruss View Post
    Much better than that stone of a Huffy. I hope you live in a flat area though...one gear is, well, one gear. Kinda like having a polisher with one speed.
    It's flat here, in fact they call it "Flat Land" which means Ville Platte, the city.

It only 33 pounds, the Huffy has to be at least double of that.
    I'm going take it for a spin, could be one block or more. Lol
    I live in the country so I have plenty of good riding places to ride, my subdivision is very large.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great to see you putting your time in for a solid recovery! It's refreshing to see since most people just sit and whine instead of doing something positive! Enjoy the spring weather and get well soon my friend!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bike that white trim on those wheels give it a classic touch I am also happy to see your still detailing in some kinda way

Post Thanks / Like

So I took her out for a spin.

A two mile ride, a two mile ride,
    The tiny bike was tough, if not for the mighty detailer the bike would have fell, the bike would have fell.

Well I started out thinking let's try a short ride and not go too far so I could make it back, well I went a mile, felt some pain in my leg which is normal, I turned around and the wind was against me making it harder to get back but I did it, I was like no way I could have done this ride 5 days ago, no way.

As I said I had pain but nothing I couldn't handle, the doctor said it's normal and that it could take up to four weeks for all of the pain to go away, just keep moving.
    I'm feeling really good about myself right now, if I'm up to it I'll take another ride later but only a mile or less, don't want to over do it.
    Feels awesome guys

Oh, the bike....

Rides great, so smooth and comfy, it doesn't make any sounds, all I heard was the tires rolling on the road.
    Can't say it enough times how much I love the large seat.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Great to see you putting your time in for a solid recovery! It's refreshing to see since most people just sit and whine instead of doing something positive! Enjoy the spring weather and get well soon my friend!

Thanks friend

I know what you mean, it's easy to just sit and do nothing but your body won't heal fast and sometimes won't heal completely if you don't work on your rehab.
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Super Member CarolinasFinestDetailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. I hope everything is going well with your recovery man!! Take it day by day Kevin!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktred08fsi View Post
    Nice. I hope everything is going well with your recovery man!! Take it day by day Kevin!!!
    Thanks, that exactly what I'm doing, taking it a day at a time, if I have a bad day so be it, I just feel good about this surgery, in my heart I feel like in a month from now I'll be back to detailing better than ever
    vpcajun@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes riding a bike and cruising is fun and good exercise as well. i was thinking of getting a fixie myself...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast