autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who likes people touching their car???

"I Won't Back Down" ~Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a show once and I saw someone standing with his hand on my hood, I pressed the alarm button. Needless to say this guy jumped.

Post Thanks / Like
    The worse thing ever for me is when I stumble out of work after being there 13 hrs and I see some "ad" for something someone put under my wiper arm. I don't know why, but this always leads to a fit of me screaming obscenities and crumbling the paper up and throwing it on the ground.

The problem is, I never SEE the person who does it. Last one I got was to see some lame comedian someplace. Really? You want comedy... Let me catch the guy touching my wiper arm... Maybe it will be more like a tragedy...

Post Thanks / Like
    People touch your car. It swirls. It's painful, but I have learned I can easily repair and fix it. Not worth working yourself up. I hit my truck door with a box once, I fixed it, no problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    The worse thing ever for me is when I stumble out of work after being there 13 hrs and I see some "ad" for something someone put under my wiper arm. I don't know why, but this always leads to a fit of me screaming obscenities and crumbling the paper up and throwing it on the ground.

The problem is, I never SEE the person who does it. Last one I got was to see some lame comedian someplace. Really? You want comedy... Let me catch the guy touching my wiper arm... Maybe it will be more like a tragedy...
    One of my friends had this happen to his Gallardo that he left in the parking lot to grab some tire dressing from an auto store. All cars had a page long adv. including one under his wiper. Some people just don't think..
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

How long does this obsession over your car last? Is it until the novelty wears off or is this a perpetual, "until-you-sell-the-car-and-get-a-new-ride" thing? Do you give it up at some point?
    Is it only the paint you obsess over, or are there other aspects of the car that get you going as well? What other things in life get under your skin?
    How do you feel about people that park with the nose of their car hanging over the curb? How about people that take up more than two spaces?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP30mhqmnQ]SPRAY PAINTING CARS PRANK!! - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamlyn View Post
    How long does this obsession over your car last? Is it until the novelty wears off or is this a perpetual, "until-you-sell-the-car-and-get-a-new-ride" thing? Do you give it up at some point?
    Is it only the paint you obsess over, or are there other aspects of the car that get you going as well? What other things in life get under your skin?
    How do you feel about people that park with the nose of their car hanging over the curb? How about people that take up more than two spaces?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP30mhqmnQ]SPRAY PAINTING CARS PRANK!! - YouTube[/video]
    Selling can be hard. If you have had the car for years and maintained it perfectly, the idea of it going to some old guy with turtle wax and a rag can be scary. Never ending for me. I have just learned to accept stuff happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

I did that too lol

When I was at school I was up on the 3rd floor balcony. There was a guy smoking a cigarette by my car about 3ft away. I pressed the alarm button, he jumped up and then looked around and just walked away haha (I did feel bad at the end though)

Post Thanks / Like

i agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hamlyn View Post

This was genius and the people deserved it.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast