autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 54 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

They are both the 2.5 liter inline 5. I have a Mototec 3" stainless downpipe on the S60 with the Mototec touring exhaust, it really sounds nice. It also has a cold air intake with the cone filter and Snabb 3" intake piping, but the V70R is just a beast compared to the 2.5T and I could always modify the exhaust on it to match what I have on the S60. Plus the V70 is AWD. And for even more points the V70 is silver so it won't look dirty the day after I wash it. Sorry for the dirty engine bay.

Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-engine-bay-jpg

Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-exhaust-jpg
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Can we get a video of the Volvo running...please?

I see you have a MINI, how do you like it and how has it been to you?
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

It is my girlfriend's, and she loves it. It is a pain to detail inside, as it has nooks and crannies everywhere and it is almost too tall for me to reach the whole roof. The Mini Countryman should be called a Maxi, that thing is taller than my Volvo. I'll try to get a video of the Volvo running, I am going to my brother's today to detail a BMW for a friend of mine (first paying job.) I'll pull it in and try to shoot one then.

Walter

Post Thanks / Like

So l met up with a fellow member from our Fiat site and he wanted to drive my car for comparison sakes, in particular my short ram intake and how it sounds compared to his which has the same piping but uses a drop-in K&N. He didn't get too far down the road and said "this is the one I should've gotten!" He also liked the shift knob as well, he's ordering that for sure.

I then drove his car, only other Abarth I've driven besides mine. He has a Uni-Chip stage II and the torque delivery was smooth and seemed a bit more than mine. IIRC he said the stage II was 220 HP, not sure about the torque but it felt great! He also had a short throw kit in there as well, I actually liked that as well. The last thing he told me about was the Go Fast Bit (GFB) diverter valve and with that mod it made boost delivery "snappier" and more consistent and is just a beefier part compared to stock....

I BOUGHT ONE WHEN I GOT HOME!

I will get the short throw kit this year as well, reduces the throw by 25% and it just felt right when I drove his car, even though I had never driven another Abarth, let alone one with this short throw kit, it was a natural and because of this I will have this in time.

So, set up meets, even if it's just 2 people because you never know what you'll find out👍

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We have been having Volvo meets for a few months. They have been a lot of fun and everything from modded 2.5Ts to Rs. We have a race engineer and several mechanics show up. Makes for a pretty well versed group.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to get the Fiat guys out but my buddy has been setting up a once a month meet at a coffee house and it has netted 7 different cars over 2 month's. I'm sure if and when the weather gets better it will be even better.

I love the Polestar Volvo wagon and sedan that was at the Chicago Auto Show last year, I preferred the wagon and the stock wheels were KILLER📣

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I'm going to get a ride to work tomorrow with the wife, 1-3" of snow before and during rush hour and my new shoes get a 2 out 10 rating in the snow. The channels are wide and deep, so I'm not taking any chances.

Gotta love the Midwest, 72 last Monday, 1-3" a week later and our area is in the 3" area too☁

These new tires have a 2 out of 10 rating and it's just not worth it, plus the others on the road freaked out because of the snowThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Well last weekend I drove another Abarth and after driving it I ordered:

-GFB DV (Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve) which is basically a stronger BOV for my car, better piece than stock and delivers boost very smoothly and holds boost ALOT better than the OEM one which has plastic bits inside.

-Nue-F short throw kit. This reduces the throw by 25% and after driving his car I HAD TO HAVE IT!

I've been working a lot lately and these 2 parts weren't too expensive, so I bought them. Its nice to "drive and try" before buying👍

Now I just need a decent weekend to have the parts installed😋

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Roger, building a pocket rocket!! Too bad you can't "drive and try" before buying detail products.

Post Thanks / Like

After a waterless today!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-1427400910686-jpg  

Page 54 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast