autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 43 of 168 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Sorry to hear about your car Ted but your talking about the side skirt separation, right? If so it does seem to be an issue with our cars, mine is no different. I'm going to have my buddy do his fix for it, he too has an Abarth and is a service advisor for a Chrysler/Fiat dealership. His fix is to glue it and put a retractable bar on it to maintain pressure and let it sit overnight, imagine that.

As for the FMIC I'm on the group buy via ATM FaceBook page (my wife has done this for me because I have NO interest in FB) The price with 7 people on the list is $820 shipped and would go down to $794 if it hits 20 people. I sent the whole amount this morning.

As far as install goes, well, my buddy Hectour is my mod installer but I'll let you know how it goes when the time comes. When he's installing the FMIC I'll be doing full paint correction on his wife's Scion xB, that's how we work things out, I do what I like to do and he does what he likes. He's used to doing mods as he has an EVO and Mazdaspeed 3 in the past and now has a 79' RX7.

I think I'm going to have the pulley installed while the car gets its next oil change, time management I say.

Hope everything works out with your car Ted.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news Roger!
    I think you made a good decision. Can't wait to hear how the car is after install and tuning!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy reading your updates.

Congrats on the new parts and the upcoming tune. I finally had my Si tuned after installing the intake and exhaust, and MY GOD what a difference it made! I purchased a Hondata FlashPro and had it Vit Tuned. I couldn't be happier!

Post Thanks / Like

Time to come out to the Dragon in Sept Nick��

Forgive me Nick but which gen Si do you have? That K24 makes some more hp but ALOT more torque!

Post Thanks / Like

I "may" get the MPx ported TB too, take advantage of our 6 monthes to pay on Ebay. We have this option as a way to build up credit for my wife as she doesn't have alot of credit history, so I get what I want, pay a little here, pay a little there with NO interest, a win win.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Time to come out to the Dragon in Sept Nick��

Forgive me Nick but which gen Si do you have? That K24 makes some more hp but ALOT more torque!

I might actually check it out when I'm on vacation in April.

I have a 9th gen...it's a 2013. A lot of peopled mourned over the loss of the high revving K20 in the 8th gen Si, but with the tune my redline is now a lofty 7,800 RPM, yet I still maintain the low end torque the K24 is known for. I have the best of both worlds!

Post Thanks / Like

If your within a decent drive you really need to run it as well as the Cherahola Anyway, they run into each other so its easy to find!

BREAKING NEWS!!..

The MPx ported TB is being ordered today👍

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    It's actually a pretty cool ride, just wish they'd stop calling everything a 500Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

You can it with my engine/trans but only in fwd, AWD gets the 9 spd auto only, at least here anyways.

I'd drive one for sureThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Sorry to hear about your car Ted but your talking about the side skirt separation, right? If so it does seem to be an issue with our cars, mine is no different. I'm going to have my buddy do his fix for it, he too has an Abarth and is a service advisor for a Chrysler/Fiat dealership. His fix is to glue it and put a retractable bar on it to maintain pressure and let it sit overnight, imagine that.

As for the FMIC I'm on the group buy via ATM FaceBook page (my wife has done this for me because I have NO interest in FB) The price with 7 people on the list is $820 shipped and would go down to $794 if it hits 20 people. I sent the whole amount this morning.

As far as install goes, well, my buddy Hectour is my mod installer but I'll let you know how it goes when the time comes. When he's installing the FMIC I'll be doing full paint correction on his wife's Scion xB, that's how we work things out, I do what I like to do and he does what he likes. He's used to doing mods as he has an EVO and Mazdaspeed 3 in the past and now has a 79' RX7.

I think I'm going to have the pulley installed while the car gets its next oil change, time management I say.

Hope everything works out with your car Ted.

Actually, the damage from the deer was remarkably small. (it was an incredible scene. I was inundated by 4 deer who were running away from cars on the other side of the road -- all fenced in property and drives over there. The lead deer came across the road right in front of me to go into a drive. The others followed. The second went right over my hood. The windshield was full of deer! The third (I didn't see her - I was looking at the one over the hood) went into the driver's door. The last one went behind.

They had to replace the lower plastic piece on one side and noted the problem. They decided to epoxy the new one at the front to fix that problem. They removed the RH one and epoxied it in place for another $90. It was $90 well spent!

I noticed that you told someone else about the dragon in September. I had it down for October. Am I off there?

Best.
    <TED>

Page 43 of 168 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast