autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 17 of 168 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I went down to the garage and plugged in my GG3" w/ GG orange pad, a couple dabs of M101, set the machine to 6 (really the only setting to be used for it) and did a section of the hood. Before I started I inspected the hood with my Brinkmann and didn't really see any swirls but I know in natrual sunlight I could see them. Fast forward to after doing the one secion, I ended up doing the entire hood and it looked great, tomorrow its going to be nice so I'll wash it and then see how it looks in the sun, report coming tomorrow!

I think it will be funny if I could polish out the entire car with the GG3", a machine so beaten down here on AG, we'll see how it goes! BTW I did apply some AW after polishing so it had something over the top of it.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    ***UPDATE***

Its finally nice out and my buddy Hectour had the time to install some "go fast" goodies on the Abarth and they sure woke it up! Have a Euro Compulsion R3T V2 short ram intake as well as their ram-air pipe and the 500 Madness V2 "piggy-back" tune. Takes about 80 miles for the piggy-back to "learn" the ECU and now I need to learn to keep my foot out of it because just driving normal you can feel the "tug" aka torque already, I couldn't be happier!!!

Before, during and after pics! My buddy Hectour did the install and I installed the billet oil cap, LOL!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397068472171-jpg   Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397068508670-jpg   Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397068546181-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    ***UPDATE***

Its finally nice out and my buddy Hectour had the time to install some "go fast" goodies on the Abarth and they sure woke it up! Have a Euro Compulsion R3T V2 short ram intake as well as their ram-air pipe and the 500 Madness V2 "piggy-back" tune. Takes about 80 miles for the piggy-back to "learn" the ECU and now I need to learn to keep my foot out of it because just driving normal you can feel the "tug" aka torque already, I couldn't be happier!!!

Before, during and after pics! My buddy Hectour did the install and I installed the billet oil cap, LOL!

Nice... so the "butt dyno" is saying good things?
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE***

Looks great! Always nice to unleash some more HP's and take things up a notch.
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Monicaaaaa.....your back! Yeah the "butt dyno" says YESS! Stock is 155/165 and I should be around 180/190 if I had to guess but there's NO doubt it has more POWAH!!

Your ride Audi, its very nice! Did you do an MTM tune on yours?

Post Thanks / Like

Monicaaaaa.....your back! Yeah the "butt dyno" says YESS! Stock is 155/165 and I should be around 180/190 if I had to guess but there's NO doubt it has more POWAH!!

Oh I've been here all along

I'll be back on the dyno hopefully in may... need a re-tune from my header I had put on. Looking forward to the final numbers.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE***

The billet oil cap is the most important part! Most HP gained will be because of that obviously.

All kidding aside glad to see youre enjoying the car. Don't get into too much trouble with that extra power.

Post Thanks / Like

No I have not done any tuning since I owned a 2008 Audi A4 Avant

A lot of the German brands are getting tough on people for ECU tunes. Audi in particular flags the car electronically during service when plugged into the diagnostic port. The gamble is too high with a warranty claim on vehicles that are costly to repair.

The turbo V-8 in my CLS has certainly not left me wanting for more power!
    Buddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Added some "show" bits after the "go" bits were added earlier in the week:

The ESSEESSE badge has been added due to the boost in power. In Europe the ESSEESSE model is upgraded over the standard Abarth, funny thing is this, over there the standard Abarth makes 135 hp and the ESSEESSE makes 160 hp, which is exactly what our Abarth makes here, so bumping up our standard Abarth turns it into a U.S.-spec ESSEESSE, LOL. I'd even go a step further to say my car makes the extra 25 hp too.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397347156829-jpg   Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397347197092-jpg   Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397347230442-jpg   Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?-uploadfromtaptalk1397347272874-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EddieF View Post
    The car cost 18.5k and you're going in negative, plus the percentage rate to finance, you're gonna end up paying close to 30k for a car that's not worth it. The monthly payments may sound right, and easy to afford, but in the long run, it's probably gonna be another 5, to 6 year loan and a lot more money than the car is worth. Depending on the interest rate the dealer gives you, it might be more. Just my 2 cents, good luck.
    Exactly. Forget about the negative equity for a second. you pay for quite a lot, well, a fair amount, of depreciation the first couple of years, even on a Honda. Then you have the "transaction cost" The spread between selling wholesale and buying retail. The Honda will give you reliable transportation probably for about as long as you want to own it. You visit this forum, so I'm thinking your Honda is going to be presentable for about as long as you want to own it, too. That means you have the opportunity to drive around payment free for a couple of years. Save the payments and you are close to buying your next car for cash if you want. Or, you can have fun with that money on things that don't involve cars.

That said, there are some good deals on new Fiats right now. Look at Truecar. In my old neighborhood (not here) they are selling the Abarth new for under $20K. If you opt for the plain 500 but with the turbo, they are under $17K. Probably a better long-term choice. If it were me, I'd see if I couldn't get the extended factory warranty from some dealer who sells them cheap on the 'net.....Its a Fiat after all.

Page 17 of 168 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast