autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 168 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    Wow, the whole bumper?? That's insane!!!

Found this for you and Hector, looks like you'll owe him big time!

Fog Lights Installed...
    He looked at those directions and has removed his own bumper a couple times, so he's not too worried about it. This is where me detailing his and Kim's ride comes into play. That said, I don't wanna be anywhere near the car when he's doing this though, just can't stand the thought of the car being torn apart. Now I just hope the bulbs last a good long while, or atleast I have Hectour install the FMIC....oh wait, did I say that out loud, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Hey OP, the Cr-z is a 2 seater right? With no back seats?
    I been looking at a fuel saving vehicle as my next purchase... And the crz caught my eye lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    or atleast I have Hectour install the FMIC....oh wait, did I say that out loud, LOL!

Yes... yes you did
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionDetail View Post
    Hey OP, the Cr-z is a 2 seater right? With no back seats?
    I been looking at a fuel saving vehicle as my next purchase... And the crz caught my eye lol
    Yes it is and the car is pretty good on gas and comes with either a CVT or a 6 spd, which I had. You can go to www.fuelly..com and look for JAWS, you have to name your car there and check out my mpg and notes. My car had a K&N short ram intake and muffler "fell off" and didn't sound ricey.

I put 47k on the car and had NO issues, changed out the 6 spds fluid @35k and ran Mobil from 10k on. If you've got any questions at all drop me a PM.

Monica, figures you'd catch what I said. The FMIC is a pretty costly mod, so its going to have to wait and the gains are said to be 10 hp/10 ft-lbs, not sure if that's on a bone stock car or what but the tune @$500 nets about 30 hp and 50 ft/lbs of torque on a stock car, kinda spoiled there, so not fair to use those gains against other mods. I'm sure the engine can handle more power but I will never find those limits, 200 hp and 210-220 ft/lbs of torque seems safe to me, time will tell!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Yes it is and the car is pretty good on gas and comes with either a CVT or a 6 spd, which I had. You can go to www.fuelly..com and look for JAWS, you have to name your car there and check out my mpg and notes. My car had a K&N short ram intake and muffler "fell off" and didn't sound ricey.

I put 47k on the car and had NO issues, changed out the 6 spds fluid @35k and ran Mobil from 10k on. If you've got any questions at all drop me a PM.

Monica, figures you'd catch what I said. The FMIC is a pretty costly mod, so its going to have to wait and the gains are said to be 10 hp/10 ft-lbs, not sure if that's on a bone stock car or what but the tune @$500 nets about 30 hp and 50 ft/lbs of torque on a stock car, kinda spoiled there, so not fair to use those gains against other mods. I'm sure the engine can handle more power but I will never find those limits, 200 hp and 210-220 ft/lbs of torque seems safe to me, time will tell!

How much? Pretty much everything for my car is expensive lol
    I just pick a few mods per year to do.

The FMIC isn't so much about hp as it is about staying cooler longer and maintaining your hp longer. A at some point I'll get another IC for my car.... Just have other mods I d like to do first. It seems more important with the turbos.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a worthwhile mod for sure but with the way I drive the car I bet the twin ICs that come on the car would do the job but hey, if it helps and makes power too, its all good. I had an Eastern Perf FMIC on my 87' GN and it made power right away, along with lag, so I'm familiar with perf mods for turbos, its just been a while since I've really been into it. As far as the MINI went I had a DDM ram-air intake and custom made 2.5" exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler, helped out quite a bit, too bad the engine and sensors and associated parts didn't live up to their end of the bargain!

Post Thanks / Like

Admit it, you just want to do some mods

Don't get me started on the MINI... It kills me that BMW scrapped an engine that you can make up to 400hp with and replaced it with a POS prince engine, complete with timing chain issues, melting turbos, etc.
    You know they are on the 4th engine in the R56? Seriously?
    That's pretty bad. Just sayin...

Post Thanks / Like

I admittedly did not read all the replies, but I will add my 2 cents. To the OP, I would worry about going upside down again on a new car loan (considering you were slightly upside down on the purchase on the Cr-Z). I like the Abarth very much but I would wait a little while to check the reliability of the 500.(since it is relatively new to the marketplace in the US and also the resale values of the car). Right now, you have a good combination of fuel economy and sport plus reliability (especially with the 6 speed. I have the Insight for my DD but I miss having a manual).

Post Thanks / Like
    Longdx, I don't blame you for not reading all the thread, especially with the title but its gone from thinking about it to doing it, so to quote the late and GREAT Ernie Harwell......ITS LOOOOONG GONE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Because I'm so impatient, I grabbed a foam pad, squirted a little QD on it and added a little bit of Meg's UC and did the middle section of my hood. Once I got to work it was high noon and to my surprise just applying it by hand the Meg's UC removed a large percentage of the light swirls, so I'm pretty sure the Fiat paint is on the soft side. It was very sunny today and my God is there a lot of metallic in the paint of my car, can't wait to make every single flake POP!

Oh yeah, like I needed another LSP, I have the just released DG Enviroshield coating kit coming my way, just intime, can't wait to try it out on the Abarth, polish the little onyx car to an incredible shine!

Page 15 of 168 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast