autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    I don't doubt you would have done a better job keeping them white, but I think it would have been a love-hate relationship.
    Agreed Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

So I dropped off my 3 tires and 3 TPMS at Discount Tire today, the wheels come in on Monday and depending how my route looks on Monday, I pick them up that day too. Worse case scenario my wife and daughter pick them for while I'm at the Chicago Auto Show on the 11th.

I let my buddy Hectour drive my car to and from Discount Tire so he could get his turbo fix as he hasn't had his 08' MS3 for some time now, although he has a 79' RX7 that has a built rotary that revs forever. Whenever he drives my car he just laughs because of all the sounds it makes, how it drives and how quick it is, he's says it's all theater, maybe they shouId've done a commercial like that for the car, who knows, maybe they'd sell some more of them. Speaking of that they lowered the price by almost $3K and added colors but no one knows about it...great job FCA😩

Phase I for 2017 is almost complete and will go on first come spring, then phase II, the stripes which will change the car forever 🇮🇹

Btw Hectour and I stopped at my buddy's graphics shop because he just bought a 78' Toyota pick up that's slammed and although the paint and body are a little rough he wants me to shine it up, so I struck a deal to do the truck in exchange for him to put rocker stripes on my buddy Hectours RX7. Hectour said "Thanks, it's not even my birthday today it's yours!". I told him don't worry about it, good karma I say plus it's a friend. I've been given a lot of products to try and won here that I've learned that when you can, pass it on. The following weekend I will detail his 78' Celica Sportback for the upcoming World of Wheels show, that car will put some money in my pocketThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Now the proportions are off for sure but here's a pretty good idea of how the car will look come spring, sans the Abarth logo on the hood and Italian flag stripe down the side of the quarter panel.

This was part of my birthday present from my buddy Hectour, a really good one especially with those stripes on there, not the traditional red stripes like I have now.

The stripes will actually end looking like the ones I have now, center stripe will be white and left chaser in green and right one in red, all done in matte vinyl. The rocker stripes will be done the same way.

I was holding out for a pair of matte black stripes with red chasers on the edge of the stripes (right on the main stripes) but I decided not to do this, still bugs me because the "GT350" look might actually look really good...oh well Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Hectour said "Thanks, it's not even my birthday today it's yours!".
    It is? Well, cheers, Roger!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Brutal😎

I'm going to be doing my 3 year/40K review of my car in 10 days, stay "tuned".

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Happy Birthday Roger!

I love the little model... nothing like a mini version of your car.

Didn't realize you were going that extreme with the stripes! Good luck... I can't wait to see how it turns out
    Most I'll have this spring is the tint done, but I'm ok with that
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Having the mini version of my car reminds me of Regular Car Reviews when he goes to a car show, LOL 😝

Post Thanks / Like

Roger, got to ride in a friend's Abarth this weekend. Only a 2 mile ride, but it was quite fun. I kinda miss having a little car to buzz around in. Love the sounds it makes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parshooter View Post
    Roger, got to ride in a friend's Abarth this weekend. Only a 2 mile ride, but it was quite fun. I kinda miss having a little car to buzz around in. Love the sounds it makes.
    When do you get a chance to drive it actually? Is the car stock or modified?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Roger - love what you're doing with the Abarth and I couldn't agree more...good karma starts with good acts of giving/kindness.

So...what's with the little red corvette on your six. Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Btw - we met last summer at Supercar Saturday at the Arboretum. You came out of the coffee shop when the rain started and I was standing by your car with a few buddies. Your license plate was an easy give away. Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

I do remember you and your buddy's, too bad it rained that day for sure!

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it very much and I'm glad you like how my car is coming along, I do too and needless to say I'm a little nervous about the stripes until they are done and I can take it in, no one has done something like this, atleast according to Google, LOL, so I'm in uncharted waters here....no risk, no reward, right The wheels are going to be epic for sure and with the custom centercap decal people are going to think they're OEM, can't wait to get them on the car. Infact, the wheels came in today and Discount Tire mounted them for me, now I just need to get down to Bolingbrook and pick them up and then wait......till spring. In the meantime, I will be applying 3 coats of Black Label paint coating to them so they are well protected!

As far as the little Corvette goes, well, I try and have one little Corvette or Corvette something in every room of the house, even the bathroom has a mid 70's Hot Wheel car in it, LOL! I love the mid-years the most, see my avatar and then the 56-57's.

Hope to see you guys out there again this year, don't forget about the Collectors Car Garage the first Sunday of every month, 2500 Bradley Place, right across from WGN TV studios, this show has extremely rare cars and much more astute car guy crowd, well worth the trip out there no matter where you live. There's an awesome BBQ place less than 10 mins away too, just sayin'

Page 107 of 168 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117157 ... LastLast