autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

***UPDATE***

So come to find out my car is STILL UNDER WARRANTY! Its 4/50K not the 3/36 I thought it was. I had to have the car re-towed to an actual Fiat dealership and even though Fiat pays for towing, there is a limit, I had to cover the balance. This dealership is right in the same town as my wife's Mom and Dad and I always drive thru there to check things out. I was called my the SA and since its under warranty I'm having some other little "niggles" taken care of, namely the release to get into the rear seat on the p/s seat is broken, so I've been using the release on the side of the seat. I'm also going to have them check out the "ping" sound that my d/s window makes when initially putting it back up. Lastly the oil change is just about due, its at 5K and might as well have that done too, only $14.00 labor since I have the oil and filter in the car right now.

I'm heading down there tomorrow to get a rental, hopefully because they don't have any loaners available right now, so they should be able to get ahold of Enterprise and cover it either way, Nissan Versa here I come, LOL!

Stay "tuned"
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

***UPDATE***

My car is all fixed...and then some!!

So the shifter cable was replaced, so I have no more short throw but I can live with that. It seems the short throw puts an added strain on the linkage and I was gong to have it uninstalled had it been there after the repair. While it was there I had a couple niggles taken care of, and then some:

-drivers side window regulator replaced

-passenger side seat recliner mechanism replaced

-steering column cover replaced

I also had the oil changed as it was just about 5K since the last change. I went with Valvoline 0w40 Euro formula which as being BLOWNOUT at Auto Zone for $2.00 a quart, don't know why and don't care. This oil meets my API rating and may not be the OEM 5w40 my car calls for I'm pretty sure its going to be ok since its still cold (not today though, it was 60 when I picked up my car today and sunny)

BTW I told them to NOT wash the car but after I was done checking out my car, I hit the local touch free and got the top layer of dirt off but it still needs a good cleaning and that's going to happen when I put my daughter to bed tonight. I will be trying out the new McKee's D914 RW (made some up while I was beta testing and have half gallon of it as a WW)

In closing I would like to add that I bought the crew there a pizza and bread stick lunch, I'm always appreciative when I'm taken care of

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

This is great news! I'm glad it all worked out Roger!
    And glad it's still under warranty!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

I'm ordering my other 3 wheels on my birthday, next Saturday, so it's going to be a complete set of shoes very soon.

Once I get the other 3 wheels I will have all 4 center caps and that means I can have them customized. I've decided to go with a matte red background and white Scorpian.

Spring can't get here quick enough☀

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds awesome Roger!
    And happy early birthday.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Sounds awesome Roger!
    And happy early birthday.
    Thanks Monica!

So this Saturday I will ordering my other 3 wheels from Tire Rack, then taking the other 3 tires I bought already down to Discount Tire, along with my 3 TPMS' so when the wheels are delivered they can be mounted and ready to go. Then my wife and daughter will pick them up for me the following Saturday as I will be at the Chicago Auto Show.

I will leave a detailed note so the other 3 tires are mounted on the wheels the same as the one I have at home....yeah, OCD but car people notice this kinda of stuff, I know I do. How many people have their license plate bolts facing the same way.....see!

Post Thanks / Like

Although not my old car but the same color body/roof, I may have done this if I still had the car and knowing about AG. The white wheels look great here but would still be a chore to take care of, a lift would make cleaning them a lot easier but ofcoarse spending a ton of money would make anything easier, LOL

Sorry about the pic being so big but I noticed he has the same Michelin's I bought for my OZ's, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

Although not my old car but the same color body/roof, I may have done this if I still had the car and knowing about AG. The white wheels look great here but would still be a chore to take care of, a lift would make cleaning them a lot easier but ofcoarse spending a ton of money would make anything easier, LOL

Sorry about the pic being so big but I noticed he has the same Michelin's I bought for my OZ's, LOL!
    Roger, an old Mini friend had white wheels on his... they were "grey" constantly. Although he wasn't as OCD as us he still kept his car fairly clean, more so the the average person. They would have driven you nuts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Roger, an old Mini friend had white wheels on his... they were "grey" constantly. Although he wasn't as OCD as us he still kept his car fairly clean, more so the the average person. They would have driven you nuts!
    It's quite possible Monica, would've been a good test for Sonax wHEEL shield and color changing wHEEL cleaner😝

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's quite possible Monica, would've been a good test for Sonax wHEEL shield and color changing wHEEL cleaner��

I don't doubt you would have done a better job keeping them white, but I think it would have been a love-hate relationship.

Page 106 of 168 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116156 ... LastLast