autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 101 of 168 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1671
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

You can always put it up on the market if you don't like the mod, and since you've scored maybe make a little profit on top.

Also, if you get the opportunity to do a road tune, do it. It is worth the additional cost. Dyno is good, but nothing beats real world loads while dialing it in.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if a tune like that is available for my car but there's a hand held tuner for it that really kicks was but because of my ported TB it's not comparable with it, weird. I'm happy with the performance right now but the 200 cell DP will make a difference without a doubt, not to mention make the car a bit louder and have more snap, crackle and pop🇮🇹

The GoPedal was bought tonight, so I wait for it to arrive from FLA and hopefully take it over to my buddy Hectours house to have him install it, might even wait till he changes the oil to do it. Speaking of that It's getting a European oil change, which in this case is Motul oil and a Mann oil filter.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Road tunes are great but hard to get people to do them (at least that's my experience).

GoPedal? What did I miss? What is this Roger? Inquiring minds want to know
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

It's basically a throttle enhancer, makes the gas pedal very sensitive

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Road tunes are great but hard to get people to do them (at least that's my experience).
    Yeah, most won't for legal reasons, which is understandable. Some do go for a quick test drive to finalize the tune, but even then only but a short few minutes.

If you get the opportunity, go for it. It's worth the extra $150-$200.

Post Thanks / Like

With the Dragon run approaching its time to get some things done before hand:

-Tomorrow morning, tire rotation.

-Once I get home, clean the K&N and re-oil

-Next Saturday...take the car over to my buddy Hectour's and do a European oil change.

Post Thanks / Like

Had every intention of driving over a 100 miles, one way, to South Bend Indiana to visit Tire Rack so I could see the new 45th anniversary OZ wheels in person. I wanted to do this because they show 2 different gray finishes when you do a Google search, can't make any mistakes this time around.

So when I started out it was overcast and very light sprinkles but as I got along it came down very hard, so hard in fact there was standing water on the freeway. Well that's a bad thing for little car, even though my tires are at 7/32nds I could feel it moving about, so I got off the expressway and stopped at McDonald's for some breakfast. I will make the trip in a couple weeks and report back, thanks for following what has turn into my build thread/review/recommendation thread. It has also netted some new friends and new adventures 🇮🇹🏁👍

Post Thanks / Like

Getting oil changed at a dealership right now, $12.00 labor👍👍 The rain isn't looking like it's going to let up so I had to do what I had to do. They have screens so you can see your car being worked on, mine is off to the side of the screenThinking about trading in the CR-Z for a Fiat 500 Abarth, thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

there was standing water on the freeway. Well that's a bad thing for little car, even though my tires are at 7/32nds I could feel it moving about, so I got off the expressway and stopped at McDonald's for some breakfast.
    Standing water is no joke. Always trust your instincts. You did the right thing.

Saw a Ram ripped its bumper cleaned off while trying to part a standing water on the freeway when it rained hard a few months back. A few hours later a convertible BMW hydroplane and smashed into the guardrail just a few hundred yards from where the truck suffered. People need to recognize the danger and slow down to negotiate instead of trying to muscle their way through.

Post Thanks / Like

So the European oil change was done yesterday as well as the GoPedal install. My buddy Hectour came over, in the rain, while I was washing my car, to install the GoPedal. While I didn't drive it to test it out, as it was still raining, we did start it up, adjust to the most sensitive setting and revved it up to see how much resistance was on the gas pedal. It made a HUGE difference, so much in fact that the exhaust was doing it's snap, crackle and pop right there, I can't wait to see what it's like when we head out in an hour and a half to the Cars and Coffee.

Speaking of that, the first Evora S400 sold in the US IS going to be there, along with an Ultima GTR and rounding out the highlights is a Jaguar C-type, can't wait to go but it's going to be bitter sweet as it's the last one of these shows of the year and there's only 1 more big cars and Coffee left and that's on Oct 30th.

Here's to the GoPedal ==========

Page 101 of 168 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151 ... LastLast