autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zymol

Post Thanks / Like

Zymol

I just looked at prices on some of Zymols products and I think there on crack!(example) 25$ for 8.5 oz of car wash is insane! Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who thinks there crazy? Is the stuff that good?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh no they're plenty crazy!!! but before I die, i want a the $7000 carnuba wax that comes with unlimited refills.* other than that they're not getting any of my money

Post Thanks / Like
    Zymol has issued a request to a UK detaling forum not to allow their name to be used by certain detailers links so the forum is filtering their name in any post. This move has really turned people off on their product. Funny thing is most of the people there had praise for Zymol.
    Last edited by YoMike; 07-07-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 02CAMSS
    I just looked at prices on some of Zymols products and I think there on crack!(example) 25$ for 8.5 oz of car wash is insane! Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am I the only one who thinks there crazy? Is the stuff that good?
    The product you speak of is called Zymol Clear Auto Bathe, I owne quite a bit of this product plus others from Zymol and I have to admit you pay for what you get. I purchased these products strickly for my Lexus and for my friends high end vehicles. I have used there waxes and once again you pay for what you get, in my opinion it's money well worth it but then again that's just my $0.02

I have been folowing the UK Zymol situation and it's quite interesting the stance that Zymol is taking...very interesting...from a business perspective it does not make any sence what's so ever...oh and yes UK guys love there Zymol products and Zymol may soon find them selves replaced by a runer up product...oh like lets say Swissvax for example....just to name one

Post Thanks / Like
    the swissvax products look awsome, but there is one thing on there that i didnt like about their cleaner fluid-"The product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are completely removed. you cant completely remove paint imperfections with out abrasives.
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 07-07-2007 at 02:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cleaner fluid is some what like the Zymol HD cleanse, I haven't tried the Swissvax cleaner fluid yet but soon I will be

The cleaner fluid is just a base for the Swissvax wax to bond to the surface of the paint...kinda like Zymol and the HD cleanse and then the wax. I'm looking forward on using Swissvax products. I've read some great feed back and great details posted up...but still doing more re-search on the products. When I'm satisfied with my re-search I'll decide what to do.

Oh about
    "The product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are completely removed.
    not sure where you got that but it does not contain abrasives and it can not remove swirls, light scratches, tar, tree sap...but it will remove old wax or what ever was on the vehicle before puting the wax of choice. Well like I said I'm not expert on Swissvax but that's just from what I have re-searched that's all.

<edit> Here is what I found just a little different "This product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are made invisible." Please don't take what I'm posting the wrong way, I'm not trying to prove you wrong or make you look bad in any way, I mean no disrespect....just thought I'd share what I've found during my re-search that's all nothing else.
    Last edited by Nica; 07-07-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    having purchased and used every Zymol from Titanium to Destiny, there is little to no difference between those and Souveran Paste, thus why I still endorse the product. I have only missed out on the newer Porsche Glaze that was introduced two years ago. I have tried Concours, Fantasy, and both Ital's as well as an intro kit with Atlantique and two others.

Each is ok, some even nice (Concours, Destiny) but no better than the 70.00 deal. Sure others may say different, but most are not exposed to as many products as I am, and most "believe" differently because their wallet tells them so.

Zymol and Swissol (now Swisswax) had some shared formulas and some they offered as stolen or too close. In the end some litigation took place and the name modification was the biggest outcome. I was surprised to find that Zymol was not the bigger and older company, but actually was established later.

Do a little search here and you will find the Pinnacle and P21S Paint Cleaners are actually just as easy to use, with same or better results and less expensive that the Zymol counterpart. Larger sizing too as I remember. These are all chemical based cleaners with fillers, thus temporarily hiding imperfections versus abrading them away.
    Last edited by ScottB; 07-07-2007 at 06:49 AM.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nica
    Oh about not sure where you got that but it does not contain abrasives and it can not remove swirls, light scratches, tar, tree sap...but it will remove old wax or what ever was on the vehicle before puting the wax of choice. Well like I said I'm not expert on Swissvax but that's just from what I have re-searched that's all.

<edit> Here is what I found just a little different "This product does not contain abrasives. Swirl marks, light scratches, tar, tree sap and old wax are made invisible." Please don't take what I'm posting the wrong way, I'm not trying to prove you wrong or make you look bad in any way, I mean no disrespect....just thought I'd share what I've found during my re-search that's all nothing else.
    Nica. There are several products on the market that do not contain abrasives and actually removes swirls. Poorboy's Pro Polish comes to mind as does PwS (even though there are 'micro abrasives' but you can't feel them). This is when the cut of the pad determines how the products remove swirls. Just because there aren't any abrasives in a product doesn't mean it won't remove swirls (or fill in other cases). Pro Polish can remove 1500 grit sanding marks with a wool pad and a rotary.... yup thats a chemical polish.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont believe any chemical cleaner can actually remove swirls, it would have to chemically strip the clearcoat or paint in order to do so. What they offer is a "filler" that hides and reduces the look of swirls. This is why after a wash or two them seem to reappear.

And a micro-abrasive, no matter how small is an abrasive. As such it should be considered a polish or compound, not a paint cleaner only !

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    For the price they charge I cannot bring myself to even try it.Why would you spend all that dough on some of there wax when sig II,XXX,Max wax and pete's 53 are better priced and I am sure do just as good of a job!As far as the car wash I doubt it foams as much as DP extreme.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast