autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High speed Autobahn driving

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I have some great memories of driving the Autobahns when I would travel there form where I was stationed in the UK.

The one that runs between Munich and Salzburb and the one between Frankfurt and Ramstien were two of my favorites. The Autobahn/Autostrada that takes you south out of Munich into Austria and down into Italy is pretty cool too.

The two things that stood out to me beyond the speed is the incredible discipline of the drivers (Northern Europeans at least) and the fantastic condition of the roads. Nothing in the US comes close.
    Yes sir. The Germans have incredible discipline while driving and it shows. I would much rather share the road with the Germans than my fellow Americans. No disrespect to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
    Thought i would share too =) Wife on the A5 outside of Baden Baden, Germany(269km/h - 167mph) and driving on the Ring.
    Right on! Is that a competition package equipped M5 you have...?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have been on the Autobahn and surprised it was a 4 lane divided highway but they did move.
    When you get into bigger cities such as Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin etc. the amount of lanes adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    He didn't say how much it was for..... But it was completely in German... Good thing thing he sprechen ze deutsch

Quote Originally Posted by jankerson View Post
    Most drivers in the US can't drive..... No formal training or anything.

Yes it's a joke defiantly....

And it shows.....
    It sure does.

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Autobahn isn't a good word around here this week Mike. My wife has a lady that works for her that's originally from Germany. She called Saturday night in a panic, jumping the first flight out to head back to Germany.

Her sister was in a horrific accident Saturday, 27 broken bones, 3 surgeries so far, and in an induced coma. She's coming home this weekend, even though her sister isn't even beginning to come out of the woods yet. She just cannot afford to take any more time off work.

Any prayers (from all that care to send them that way) I'm sure will find there way to her.

Thanks guys!

Tony
    My apologies Tony. My wishes go out to them.

Mike

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    These days the usual fee for a drivers license is around 2000 €, give or take a few.
    And 40% of the different german Autobahnen are in fact speed limited, especially around the bigger cities where high traffic is common.
    And i don't know with what you compare the Autobahn, but there are a lot of different ones which are considered in dire need of a major overhaul by a lot of people who use them on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathul View Post
    These days the usual fee for a drivers license is around 2000 €, give or take a few.
    And 40% of the different german Autobahnen are in fact speed limited, especially around the bigger cities where high traffic is common.
    And i don't know with what you compare the Autobahn, but there are a lot of different ones which are considered in dire need of a major overhaul by a lot of people who use them on a daily basis.
    That is cheaper than I have heard. Does that include the farschule?

I don't doubt that most areas are limited. I am located in the western area just above Trier. I am really close to Bitburg. The Autobahn were these pictures where taken are from A1. This is a newer Autobahn and 90% of it is unlimited between Trier and the Belgium border.

But the Autobahn is still in better shape than most highways in the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like

For you guys that drink German bier, the Bitburg brewery is right down the road from me.

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! We have been trying to get orders to Spangdahlem since my wife got in. Her career field is limited on overseas slots though. I have driving the Autobahn on my bucket list, and I'm not getting any younger! HAHA

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome experience! Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Tony.... Sending healing thoughts and prayers.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ken tuep View Post
    AWESOME! We have been trying to get orders to Spangdahlem since my wife got in. Her career field is limited on overseas slots though. I have driving the Autobahn on my bucket list, and I'm not getting any younger! HAHA
    Right on! Would be cool to have you here. We can run the Autobahn and Nurburgring together. What do you drive?

What is your wife's Specialty code? I am a 2T3, Vehicle mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    Awesome experience! Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you! No problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple dodges, ram with a hemi, and a journey for hauling kids. My toy is a Nissan 200sx ser. It has built engine and gt 35r Turbo, makes around 435 HP on 25# of boost!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    She 1S0X1, she is ground safety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast