autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did you get for Christmas? Post it in here!

Santa was kind enough to leave this for me! It's a brand new / unfired surplus Springfield long beach operator. I'll probably never fire it! It will however be repeatedly hand molested and detailed! Lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StockPolo6R View Post
    Since you don't have manual safety you could go with the duty/carry action enhancement kit (DCAEK I believe is the abbreviation). Makes a world of difference and still feels "safe". If you're not keen on the full kit get the sear and the striker block at the very least.

Now for Christmas gifts!
    Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 (Juan Manuel Fangio with black rubber strap)
    15" Retina Macbook Pro
    Various items of clothing and accessories (belt, wallet etc)

A good haul
    Tag's are nice. Pricey too

Quote Originally Posted by b0b View Post
    Here is my Christmas haul!

Here I thought I got a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post
    Santa was kind enough to leave this for me! It's a brand new / unfired surplus Springfield long beach operator. I'll probably never fire it! It will however be repeatedly hand molested and detailed! Lol!

Santa is quite the unfair old chap. I wish he brought me one of those!

you will definitely fire it at some point! Unless you're a man of very strong will. I fired my SA FBI Pro just a few weeks after promising myself I would never

Post Thanks / Like

I got this new platinum, but now I need to get it opti coated

[/IMG]
    In GOD we trust

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

A new pair of Redwing Boots "Irish Setters". My last pair were worn through the tread and half way through the foam. In just a few days my toe was going to pop through the foam. I've been worried about coming up with the extra loot for a new pair, so what a relief that was.

The nice thing about these boots was that since the day I bought them (2 years ago) and as worn out as they've got in that time, they haven't fallen apart, my feet hadn't gotten wet once and my feet haven't really hurt since before my first pair of Redwings.

I'm a happy camper now!!

Post Thanks / Like

small gift exchange with friends and i got this

the autogeek gift registry and wish list really come in handy lol

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kochdalton87 View Post
    ^ I'm sorry to hear about your Christmas ordeal but I must admit I had to laugh while reading this. I'm sure you weren't laughing amidst this but at least you got to spend time with dear family members and made memories that will last a lifetime.
    Yeah well, it was something different THAT'S FOR SURE!
    I totally missed all the opening of presents. I was outside with a few *presents* of my own. BEJEEZUS were there *presents*!

Ah yes, and singing out the night with: "We wish you a $hitty Christmas, we wish you a $hitty Christmas, we WISH you a $hitty Christmas and a Pissy New Year!" LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Just02896 View Post

Digging that brother! Especially the part about it being "repeatedly hand molested and detailed".

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    A new pair of Redwing Boots "Irish Setters". My last pair were worn through the tread and half way through the foam. In just a few days my toe was going to pop through the foam. I've been worried about coming up with the extra loot for a new pair, so what a relief that was.

The nice thing about these boots was that since the day I bought them (2 years ago) and as worn out as they've got in that time, they haven't fallen apart, my feet hadn't gotten wet once and my feet haven't really hurt since before my first pair of Redwings.

I'm a happy camper now!!
    I'm so glad you mentioned your new Red Wings Dave! I almost pulled into a store the other day just to look around. I have a pair of Red Wing "Loggers" that I bought sometime around 1988~89 for $175 and wore them daily till 2003 when I retired (with my back). Still have them, and while the soles are worn, the insides are as comfy as they were that first year. And I STILL don't get wet feet wearing them. Same ones are probably $275 now, but well worth every dime. Heck I used to know guys in the towing business that'd go buy cheap $60 boots and every 8~9 months or so they'd be buying new ones. I kept wearing my Red Wings. Over and over and over they'd buy new ones, and my ol' Red Wings kept going. Eventually I had some converts, the rest just kept wanting to steal my boots!

FWIW, my Dad had a shoe repair business in the 60's, complete with a German Cobbler that could build shoes from the ground up. I learned how they were put together as soon as I could go to work with my Dad, probably about when I was 7. Guys would come in needing a new heel, or a half sole and even as a kid (well before I was a teenager) I knew how to do it. I cherish those memories. But more importantly it taught me not to buy cheap work shoes. Keep your feet dry and you'll have a good day, plus be happy when you get home.

Not sure about the glued bottom shoes, but if it's got a double or triple welt and is sewn on, then it's built for a lifetime of service. You can replace the heel, you can replace sole, or you can replace the entire unit, (like with the loggers).

Post Thanks / Like

some other things too but no pics..
    2018 Subaru Outback Touring 3.6R Crystal White Pearl, 2014 Ford F-150 FX4 - Oxford White Clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post

some other things too but no pics..

Well done Marc! If you play play COD Ghosts on the 360 pm me and I will send you my gamer tag.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast