autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do so many detailers...

Why do so many of the pro detailiers have a car silhouette as a logo... seems like a big fad that went on or something. Not hating on anyones logo just an observation.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    "Every expert was once a beginner"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do so many detailers...

Kind of like using some form of the word "Detail" in the name, usually a pun on the level of service; "Incredibly Detailed" or "Attention to Detailing", etc. Just an industry cliche! Not necessarily anything wrong with it. It helps create brand recognition and lets you piggy back off of your competitions marketing if your logo is similar!

Look in the phonebook and see how many "ABC" and "A123" mechanics, plumbers, contractors (ABC Construction, etc.) there are. That's because back in the olden days, people used phonebooks to find businesses that they called with phones that were attached to the wall! (Dark times those were). 'ABC' or 'A123' was always at the top of the list! Lots of folks just go down the list and call each one until someone has what they are looking for. Being at the top of the list is a good way to ensure you get called!
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can understand the name having to have detailing or shine or gloss or things of that nature because its what people associate with the business and most likely what they will search for when looking for a detailer but the logo could be much more creative than 3 or 4 lines worked into a car shape...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Kind of like using some form of the word "Detail" in the name, usually a pun on the level of service; "Incredibly Detailed" or "Attention to Detailing", etc. Just an industry cliche! Not necessarily anything wrong with it. It helps create brand recognition and lets you piggy back off of your competitions marketing if your logo is similar!

Look in the phonebook and see how many "ABC" and "A123" mechanics, plumbers, contractors (ABC Construction, etc.) there are. That's because back in the olden days, people used phonebooks to find businesses that they called with phones that were attached to the wall! (Dark times those were). 'ABC' or 'A123' was always at the top of the list! Lots of folks just go down the list and call each one until someone has what they are looking for. Being at the top of the list is a good way to ensure you get called!
    I know people who still do this today...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been thinking about the "Detailing" part as well. There is a lot of companies that don't use it, so yeah

Autogeek, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, Menzerna, etc...

Regular Member Extreme Radiance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am just starting my detailing business and went thru this entire exercise. Finally chose the name EXTREME RADIANCE. I then included my car as the background of my business card. This way i can show off my work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AG Online
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    I have been thinking about the "Detailing" part as well. There is a lot of companies that don't use it, so yeah

Autogeek, Meguiar's, Chemical Guys, Menzerna, etc...
    Those aren't detailing companies (in the sense of performing detailing work)... they are companies who sell detailing products.

There are plenty of corporations whose name has nothing to do with the products/services they sell; many Fortune 500 companies are like this. However, as a sole-proprietor who is just starting out, it's a lot easier to advertise a brand/name that's easy to remember and allows potential customers to easily understand what it is that you do - hence people using 'detailing' as part of their business name.

The same can be said about almost any blue collar profession: plumbing, framing, roofing, photography... You will find plenty of businesses who use those terms in their business name for that identification.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I can imagine. This is just a hobby for me but if I wanted to start a business the name and logo would probably almost drive me crazy!

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to be different.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailer use the logo because its classy looking and you can find it in the public domain. If your starting a detailing business and not just a $40 car wash business, stay clear of cheap looking cartoon logos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast