autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't tried much Chemical Guys stuff. Maybe won't either but who knows...

I rather stick with Meguiar's, Menzerna, Optimum, etc...

The one product that has really impressed me is the Wooly Mammoth towel.

The only other drying towel I've tried was the MicroFiber Madness Dry Me Crazy.

Woolly Mammoth vs Dry Me Crazy.

Winner: Woolly Mammoth, IMO

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I limit my CG purchases BECAUSE of their horrible customer service. There are some things I will buy, but still buy it from a third party to limit my interaction with them.

I have to say they rank among the worst, in my experience with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of they're on sale now for the 12 days. I had no initial interest in trying CG but about a year ago wash and gloss seemed to be the flavor of the month so I bought a gallon of that and piña colada air freshener from them. I liked wash and gloss at first until I tried some other soaps. I found it hard to rinse completely free even at the 1oz to 5gal ratio. Really turned me off, always left residue and it annoyed me. Not to mention their inconsistency with dilution ratios. In videos they say an oz was the size of the cap, not true, then online they say a capful works, then the bottle says dilute 1oz. If you used the lsp stripping ratio forget it that stuff seemed to cling to the paint and never wash off. As for the air freshener it smells real nice but doesn't last or more than an hour. Pointless really.

Another thing that bothers me is how they relabel old products and pass them off as new. For example vintage series. Speed wipe and butter wet wax were existing products they slapped a nice new fancy label on. Clever on their behalf but to those of us who know their tricks it looks bad and unprofessional.

Granted I have only tried a few cg products but I didn't enjoy them. Feel free to try them if you want because really you won't know if you like it or not unless you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys Customer Service...What a joke...

I would add, and I use a fair amount of Chemical Guys products some are good and some just suck. Their shipping is bad, I have had shortages leaking product etc. My first order had a problem with leaking, it was a $160 order if I remember correctly. I called them and they were great no problem will send a 16 oz bottle to make up for lost product, great a week later fedx rings the door bell here is another order plus the 16 oz replacement. So I called them back told them the story and said it will be on the porch for pick up they said thanks for being honest enjoy. I will tip my hat on Autogeek shipping its first class. I as said in a reply to this post they got back to me in less than 24 hours me being on the east coast I will pass along if you use final polish they have discontinue it, I am open for suggestions, they still have the P40.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm... I've never had a problem with CG CS. Strange.

-Beach
    People > Possessions
    Instagram: @DiamondDetail_ABQ
    www.diamonddetailabq.com

Post Thanks / Like

I've only made one Chemical Guys order and don't plan to again.

They forgot an item in my order, so I emailed them about it and never received a response.

Rather than bugging them for it, I decided they won't get any of my money again.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Update:

I called and they do not offer any type of refund or exchanges on towels and could not careless that I was not longer going to purchase their products.

Basically, it's hit or miss and if they miss, it's on your dime.

I would certainly look else where when making microfiber purchases regardless of how cheap their towels are.

I'll be posting our e-mail conversations as well...it's really mind blowing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@IncrediblyDetailed View Post
    Update:

I called and they do not offer any type of refund or exchanges on towels and could not careless that I was not longer going to purchase their products.

I would certainly look else where when making microfiber purchases regardless of how cheap their towels are.

Wow that is really disappointing. The Walmart of detailing supplies!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott@IncrediblyDetailed View Post
    Update:

Not surprised at all. Sorry to hear about your experience, like you said, it's hit or miss. I'd rather deal with AG or Amazon directly.

Post Thanks / Like

microfiber madness - Summit towel, Yellow Fellow towel, and Dry Me Crazy Towel.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast