autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

The "Safe N Easy" Winter Wash Method

Since its winter time, I wanted to type up a VERY safe wash + protection method that should take no longer than 1 hour. I recommend going to the Coin-Op wash bay to do this. I also recommend getting an insulated lunch bag to keep your "Winter Wash" stuff together and put it in your trunk. ***This method was designed for your personal vehicles***

Step 1: Attack wheel wells and wheels with Megs APC 3:1 + Daytona Speed Master + Black Microfiber Towel (Bring 2) One for the wheel faces, and one drying your wheels.

Step 2: Pressure Rinse Car

Step 3: Perform Waterless Wash using Kwazar Spray Bottle + Your Favorite Waterless Solution + 600 GSM Microfibers. I suggest the green 600 GSM towels from Microfiber Tech.

Step 4: Spray CarPro Hydro2 over entire vehicle and rinse with pressure washer. (You can use Hydro2 on wheels too!!) Don't get too close with the wand because you want the protection to stick to the paint. ***The awesome part about Hydro2 is that you spray it directly onto a wet car!!***

Step 5: Dry Your Car (Dry your wheels and tires too)

Step 6: Call your girlfriend or wife and tell them to have dinner ready

Make it easy on yourself. Its winter time. Your car is going to get dirty. 3 bottles, a wheel brush, and some microfiber towels guys...thats all it takes. This method is super safe and super effective. Hydro2 is IMO the easiest form of protection to apply and doing it weekly throughout the winter will really help keep your car safe from the damaging elements we experience during winter.

*Note: I personally don't clean tires in the winter with anything but a pressure washer.

As with most posts in the AG forum, people always feel the need to add/alter steps. I typed this up to be an easy guide for people so if you have something to add or alter, please keep in mind the overall goal of this wash. "Safe N Easy"

Thanks For Reading,
    Brian
    Brian Dubinsky
    ELITE: Luxury Detailing + Paint Protection
    Maryland - Northern VA - DC

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The "Safe N Easy" Winter Wash Method

Sounds 'Fast, Safe-N-Easy' to me! Nice post.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds similar to what I do!

My only "variation", is that I rinse at the coin op, then come home and do a waterless, followed by a QD spray for shine. That's my 'weekly regimen'.
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoytman View Post
    Sounds 'Fast, Safe-N-Easy'.
    Sounds like me and my wife

Post Thanks / Like
    Most quarter washes frown upon you hand washing in their stalls, just sayin'. Here's what I plan on doing on days where I've got snow/sludge mudflaps and caked on salt and dirt:

1. Spray down wheels w/ CG's Diablo wheel cleaner and then scrub real good. Spray tires w/ Bleach Black using my GG foaming head, let sit.

2. Rinse off tires/wheels and get up in the wheelwells real good.

3. Using the remaining time, rinse down the lower half of the car, switch to rinse and rinse off the remaining soap and sludge.

4. Drive back 1/4 mile to the underground garage and do a rinseless wash using the Garry Dean method (if the ground in dirt is still there) or my usual rinseless wash using my trusty Aqua sponge.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post! I will have to look into Hydrotech
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Romans5.8 View Post
    Sounds similar to what I do!

My only "variation", is that I rinse at the coin op, then come home and do a waterless, followed by a QD spray for shine. That's my 'weekly regimen'.