autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holy #$%^&

Post Thanks / Like
    that is funny, It would be better if it got up against the wall and was spinning the tires in the grass to try and keep going.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    Wow, so did it just run into the wall and the engine was still running? Or did it stall?
    I thought once the back tires hit the curb it would stop, but nope, then I figured maybe the front tires might stall it, but agan nope, it slowed it down a bit, but still hit then wall, and then it stalled, but it tried to restart again, all remote starts will try to start three times if it doesn't catch a consant tach signal. I was finally able to get up off the ground, the back door actaully knocked me down, finally I was able to get up and hit the foot brake, which cuts of the remote start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Be sure to use parking brake next time.
    The parking brake was up, but I guess I hadn't pulled it up far enough, a starting motor has a lot of power behind it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bossboy
    There are remote starts made to prevent you from being in gear to start your car.
    Check out some of the Compustar ones.
    It requires you to be in neutral and have the ebrake up. Otherwise it will NOT remote start your car.

Safest thing ever for standards and remote starts
    i have mine set up basically the same way, except for having it to be in neutral, I have actaully been working on a setup of hoodpins to prevent it from starting unless it is in neutral, but I haven't had time to finish it, man I wish I would have finished that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity Honda
    I don't know about that one... Don't know where you live but once things drop to about -10 and it the car a good amount of time to warm up you may change your mind on that one!!!

Regardless, glad you are ok and that no substantial damaged was incurred.

I bet you coulda won $10k bucks if you had a video to send to americas funniest home videos
    I called my dad after it happened and he just laughed and so did everyone else I told today, only one person say it happen today, my neighbor, he tried to help, but could get to it in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the concerns guyz, I disconnected that part of the alarm today after realizing how screwed I could have been if I had hit another car or even worse a person, my insurance would drop me so fast. Hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by greg'sgoat
    That is why God invented the parking brake.

Good thing it was only paint transfer.
    I could be wrong but i dont think the guy that invented the parking brake was called god, but any way it depends on the strengh of the brake, on my bimmer, the brake is not powerfull at all, it wont lock the back wheels, so even if the brake was on there would still be a chane of the same thing happening. btw how did the car start in reverse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've never driven a manual myself as my own car... but doesn't starting it in gear give it a sudden jolt, meaning that even if the parking brake was activated, it would have popped it out immediately or burned the pads enough to keep the car moving?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thejoyofdriving
    I could be wrong but i dont think the guy that invented the parking brake was called god, but any way it depends on the strengh of the brake, on my bimmer, the brake is not powerfull at all, it wont lock the back wheels, so even if the brake was on there would still be a chane of the same thing happening. btw how did the car start in reverse?
    I had moved it earlier that morning and left the car in reverse when I got out, it was really early and I was still half asleep, but I had to move it cause the grass cutting crew was starting to get close to my car and fresh cut grass will stain paint. I had to bypass the clutch to allow for the car to start by itself, which also allows it to start in gear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast