autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What did we do before smart phones/internet.

I am sitting here looking at autogeek not having to watch dancing with the stars. NCIS on Tuesdays means the tv is mine then so Mondays is my better half and daughters.

My question is what did we do before we could check out autogeek? I check out hunting sites to. Makes me want to read a book but I have nook for that so technology is great.

Anyway this is a great site and thanks for all of the information. I love all the pictures of cars that are detained too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What did we do before smart phones/internet.

Before Internet I found I spent more time with the family.
    It seems that everyone is either on their phone or tablet these days.
    I try and find balance but very difficult with all of the info here to read.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know what you mean. Everybody in my family is making plans for thanksgiving but after pictures are posted on facebook that's all everybody will be looking at.

I am lucky though most of us like hunting or fishing so we get to do that together. I am going to detail my nieces new to her car over thanksgiving. Man I like making them shine and I am getting better at it now to. Kind of best of both worlds. Doubt something you like and spending time with family.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=1187;974834]Yeah I know what you mean. Everybody in my family is making plans for thanksgiving but after pictures are posted on facebook that's all everybody will be looking at.

I am lucky though most of us like hunting or fishing so we get to do that together. I am going to detail my nieces new to her car over thanksgiving. Man I like making them shine and I am getting better at it now to. Kind of best of both worlds. Doubt something you like and spending time with family.:-)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people would come home from work and drink more alcohol at night. It wast pretty common for guys to just sit and drink beer after beer or highball after highball until they were stewed. People probably had more sex as well. Now they just watch it online.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in the 80's before internet and AutoGeek, I worked at a car dealer detailing cars. I had to learn from the head detailer who was around 50 yrs old with minimal teeth. His detail bay was full of junk and trash. He never washed a car. He would bring the car in the bay and wax the dirty car. Then he would buff it off with a high speed buffer. I asked him why he didn't wash the car, and he said he used the dirt as a rubbing compound. I guess it was his 80's version of a waterless wash. I never took his advice from him and just washed all the cars before cleaning them, and learned on my own how to clean cars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I think people would come home from work and drink more alcohol at night. It wast pretty common for guys to just sit and drink beer after beer or highball after highball until they were stewed. People probably had more sex as well. Now they just watch it online.
    I seriously doubt that alcohol consumption has in any way been reduced by cell phones and internet. Infact, I would suggest the opposite. We are becoming a society with no social being and no respect for anyone other than ourselves. Perhaps we are getting more comfortable with loneliness....

What happened to children playing baseball in the streets ?? What happened to date night ??? What happened to having to knock on the door of your potential date and asking her father for permission ??? Since when is it acceptable to carry on a conversation on the phone while shopping, paying, or ordering something with another live person ???

While the internet is a great gift and certainly put anything you want at your fingertips, that also is likely is worst feature. I just wonder if we will ever see "no internet" like we now see "no smoking".

..... off soapbox , small nightcap before bed !

Scott

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

In 1995 my Manager gave each of the Sales Reps a roll of quarters every Monday morning to last the week.

When my one-way pager went off...I always knew where the closest pay phone was.

Post Thanks / Like

back then, cars had muscle, and there was no texting and driving, People also payed attention
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Before smart phones/internet I watched more TV and played video games. What did people do before the advent of TV and video games???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast