autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

My hate for black paint & CLA 45 AMG

i've come to the conclusion that i have an avid hate for black paint... i was rushed into my last vehicle purchase due to not having a vehicle after hurricane sandy flooded my S4 and i forced myself to get a black g37... it seemed like a great idea due to the fact that black does look good in that specific model and i've been caring for all my cars paint so i thought it would be a new challange.. i do not beat the car mileage wise but it is an everyday driver and let me tell u keeping this thing clean is a pain in the A$$... maybe im a bit OCD but i find myself buffing out swirls every 2-3 months.. when i do maintenance washes i always use a new wash mitt, traditional 2 bucket method w/ grit guard inserts and i ALWAYS use a new microfiber drying towel yet these ugly swirls still seem to show their faces... this is enough to make me never want a black car again so to lift my spirits i traveled to the nearest mercedes dealership in order to see the new CLA, well not only was i impressed with the base model i found myself to be in love with the AMG version, so with 8 months left on my infiniti lease i decided to pre order the CLA 45 AMG in white w/ black leather w/ red amg stitching... i look forward to saying goodbye to my black paint in 8 months when my white beauty arrives

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My hate for black paint & CLA 45 AMG

black paint blows. day after washing it looks dirty again lol but boy does it look good when its clean

Post Thanks / Like

Ive heard Infiniti paint is very soft. A coating might have been a cheaper solution, if you still liked the car. If you just wanted a new car, I think you made a great choice, big upgrade in quality IMO.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i've also heard that infiniti's paint is really soft and i have given the coating some thought but i only leased the car for 2 years and im coming up on my 14th payment... im not very pleased with the infiniti as a whole, they claim to have great fuel efficiency which is virtually impossible in a 3.7L straight six engine (you'd think they'd drop down to a single turbo I4 like many other companies have), they advertise a lot of power and although the car is decently fast it doesnt overall impress me nor give me the chills as i've gotten with some of my older cars, they are also notorious for their "random rattles" weather it be exterior or interior... i will say the Bose sound system is probably my favorite feature in the car

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see some pics of the CLA AMG... loved the look of the car when it was announced.

Retired Professional Detailer

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to break it to you, but your Infiniti has a V6 (Nissan's popular VQ series motor), not a straight 6.

You also have to look at how old the G37 is when comparing it to newer, turbo 4 motors like in a F30 BMW 3 series. You really should be comparing the car to E9x chassis 3 series, as they used 6 cylinders in that model car, more appropriate in time with the G37. However, the new Q50 still uses the VQ 3.7L, so it does appear that Infiniti (Nissan) is a bit behind the times here with regards to forced induction, small displacement motors.

Having said that, the CLA 45 looks to be a fun little car. I just wouldn't get your hopes up on getting fantastic fuel economy out of that motor. Sure, it's a 4 cylinder and you will probably get decent fuel economy out of it when you're not in boost, but I can assure you that is much easier said than done.

Either way, enjoy the new car (and not having to deal with black paint anymore)!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KneeDragr View Post
    If you just wanted a new car, I think you made a great choice

^^^^^^
    White is an excellent color choice for a CLA 45 AMG...and not just because of the TiO2!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ijm5012 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but your Infiniti has a V6 (Nissan's popular VQ series motor), not a straight 6.

You also have to look at how old the G37 is when comparing it to newer, turbo 4 motors like in a F30 BMW 3 series. You really should be comparing the car to E9x chassis 3 series, as they used 6 cylinders in that model car, more appropriate in time with the G37. However, the new Q50 still uses the VQ 3.7L, so it does appear that Infiniti (Nissan) is a bit behind the times here with regards to forced induction, small displacement motors.

Having said that, the CLA 45 looks to be a fun little car. I just wouldn't get your hopes up on getting fantastic fuel economy out of that motor. Sure, it's a 4 cylinder and you will probably get decent fuel economy out of it when you're not in boost, but I can assure you that is much easier said than done.

Either way, enjoy the new car (and not having to deal with black paint anymore)!
    i meant straight 6 as in no turbo/supercharger haha sorry i wasnt specific about that... i actually had a 2007 335i which was a twin turbo 6, that car had full remus exhaust, catless downpipes, cold air intake, COBB accessport tune and somehow got 10.8 MPG meanwhile my bone stock infiniti gets me around 12... i do ZERO hwy driving and work close to home in a residential area so i understand my driving does specifically cater to fuel efficiency i guess i was just expecting a little better fuel mileage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmagz1 View Post
    i meant straight 6 as in no turbo/supercharger haha sorry i wasnt specific about that... i actually had a 2007 335i which was a twin turbo 6, that car had full remus exhaust, catless downpipes, cold air intake, COBB accessport tune and somehow got 10.8 MPG meanwhile my bone stock infiniti gets me around 12... i do ZERO hwy driving and work close to home in a residential area so i understand my driving does specifically cater to fuel efficiency i guess i was just expecting a little better fuel mileage
    10.8 dammm what!? I guess those cars are really focused more towards HWY driving. I've seen 335I's with juice boxes get 33-34MPG on the HWY with the AC on.