autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

grrrrr. i hate school parking lots, got dinged today

I absolutely hate parking at school, everyday I always wonder if my car will be damaged upon return. Well today was the day. Well actually, it was on Monday or Wednesday when it happened, I noticed today on my way out. I noticed two reflective scratches in the corner of my bumper. The heck? Upon closer inspection I see a dirty looking spot I cant wipe/scrape off (impact point Id guess) and two fractures/creases in the paint.

Luckily, its really really minor, minor enough I didn't notice for two days. Well, I mean it could have happened at home sometime yesterday/this morning, but that is very very unlikely, so I will blame school as that's the only other place it could have happened.

Just sucks that people aren't careful.

Next time I wash my car I will hand polish out the impact spot, but the cracks are forever. I just hope it wont lead to paint failure and cause it to flake off.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: grrrrr. i hate school parking lots, got dinged today

I cringe every time I park in a lot with shopping cart. I try to move 2-3 forward in hopes my doors will be spared by helping others. Unfortunately others aren't as courteous.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    My college class starts at 6:45pm today.

Wish me luck guys!

Post Thanks / Like

If you could only see how far away I park at my college for this specific reason.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I feel your pain guys.

My daughter paid extra each semester to park in "G deck" a covered parking garage that was supposed to be safe, and of course monitored. Her car was hit 3 times parking there!!! Luckily I could buff it 2 of the three, but one required a new rear bumper cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 2 way alarm and as I've told you before Tony of my parking situation.

I am so close to where I park, that if anybody bumps into my car my alarm goes off in the car. And also my key chain remote controller starts beeping.

Without the remote control the car won't start. (Trust me i've tried it) it's a kill switch that goes on automatically every time I lock the car with the remote. Pretty nice actually...

Post Thanks / Like

I went once to Chinatown Chicago, with my mint '68 SS 396 Camaro.

Sat there in the restaurant, eating what was known as a "Hong Kong Steak". (This is about a 30oz T-Bone/Porterhouse Char Grilled to perfection, sliced, cut away from the Bone, and placed intact upon a bed of Chinese Wok Fried Veggies, with Oyster Sauce drizzled on top)

As I'm eating, I see a car pull up next to my Camaro. An old lady got out, then got back in two minutes later.

When I left, and inspected my car, you guessed it, not only one nice ding, and chip in the driver's door, but two. Right next to each other.

To say I was furious, and wanted to kill somebody on site, would be an understatement.

On that day, that was the first time I had taken the car out in a month, doing some serious detailing everywhere on the vehicle for that month prior. I spent a lot of money on some parts, painting under hood, belts hoses, tune up, the works on that 396 big block.

Only to have this happen.

I can surely sympathize. Sorry to hear this, and it is truly heartbreaking to see your pride and joy get damaged from some clown who is careless, or just doesn't care.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

There are times when I park in a space and I will literally not have a good feeling about it... so I'll move.

I took my girlfriend to a job interview today, parked in a space, and as soon as she got out and went inside, I shot over to another space, lol.

As you said, people are not careful and they could really care less if they ding your doors or anything on your car because they must not really care about their own vehicle. What's bad about my car is there are no body side moldings, so the door panels are just waiting to get dinged. I somehow managed to keep my last car safe. Always had a guy upstairs from me ask how I never got dinged, lol. I simply told him, "I have no clue." Parking far away does help, but it's not a sure fire way to prevent it.

Post Thanks / Like

it seems the more careful you are, the more likely it will happen. it's gonna happen at some point in time. sorry to hear about it..

Post Thanks / Like

It's awful at my school. When I brought the minivan one day, I was perfectly centered in the spot and both sides were nearly on the line. The spots need to be at least a foot wider. Also, most people can't park straight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast