autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The most honest 3 1/2 minutes of TV. EVER!!

Came across this video and thought to share it..

There is a couple of f-bombs (nothing more than you actually see on TV), but the honest "in your face" message is worth it.

I just plain hate the political spins and platform message which only serve to divide us (either by gender, race, religious affiliations etc...) but this factual presentation hits us all regardless of differences. If you can't stand the rant.... forward till about 2 minutes.

The only thing I would change to this video would be to have a message of hope and unification

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16K6m3Ua2nw]The most honest three and a half minutes of television, EVER... - YouTube[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The most honest 3 1/2 minutes of TV. EVER!!

.......What kind of a comment can you have to that.....
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

For a guy that played in a movie titled Dumb and Dumber, he's pretty damn smart! I wish we had more people who "got it."
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Who knows what he actually thinks because he is doing his job and that is acting.

Either way cool clip.

Post Thanks / Like

The most honest 3 1/2 minutes of TV. EVER!!

Interesting video. I'm not sure where its from though. I think the major problem with the United States is the sense of entitlement most people have. There is an ever growing healthy and able bodied subsection of the population that is completely dependent on the government for housing, food, medical benefits, and even spending money. They just choose not to work.

The problem isn't only these people just take, take, and continue to take. The other end of the problem is they don't give. You can't pay income tax, if you don't have an earned income. There are more entitlement programs and government handouts now than anyone would ever think possible. So, the working people are just taxed more and more, and have less money to spend on goods. Less money to spend, means less jobs. Its like a vicious cycle that started with the first person who just decided they don't want to work.

Meanwhile, people that really need aid due to unforeseen tragic medical issues or illnesses rarely can get the proper help.

Yesterday I had something really sad happen at work. Two people, both receiving government sponsored prescription benefits, one after the other:

-. First person was a 20 some year old able bodied person who received a month's worth of their "narcotic maintenance" medication (Suboxone 8/2mg #90) for $1 via a state sponsored (free/no premium) Medicaid plan. Suboxone is like methadone, it's only medical purpose is to keep you high. The approximate retail price of that prescription is around $1100.

- Second person was an 80 some year old women whose government sponsored (not free/gov't does subsidize though) wouldn't pay $42 for nausea medicine (ondansetron 4mg #12) she needed due to chemotherapy. She didn't have the money so she just left nauseas.

It too late. We can't go back. I learned that once you start giving someone something for nothing, its almost impossible to take it away. More and more people will continue go get elected based on how they will distribute more entitlements. We're doomed.

Post Thanks / Like

If I were to be 100% honest.........

My opinion on the matter is that we no longer BELIEVE in words such as : Honor, Love, Respect, Integrity, Hard Work and Delayed Gratification. We feel content with being "sheep" to our elected officials, or our news media outlets. We act when tell us to act and react if someone else does. We no longer stand on moral principles but the principles supported by the majority of our affiliates. We are at peace with taking rather than producing. We've become selfish, self centered and egotistical, and lack on the moral fortitude to stand for "something", unless that something benefit us personally.

There use to be a day when being called lazy would spark a renewed interest in improving one self. Nowadays, people won't even call the word lazy "fighting words".... people just feel content just giving excuses after excuses after excuses as to why they are the way they are.

The same people who feel at peace destroying the moral (and economic ) fabric of the USA will however rise with one voice if another country deface an American flag..... I personally think there is more value in an American person (its values, morals etc..) than the values associated with a flag that represents the values and morals no longer supported.

It seems that someone pronouncing the words "The USA is no longer the greatest country" become fighting words, when we work daily to destroy it. Regardless if the stats may have been embellished in this video, we know (without needing stats), that we are no longer the "hot bed" of technologies, manufacturing etc...

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post

It too late. We can't go back. I learned that once you start giving someone something for nothing, its almost impossible to take it away. More and more people will continue go get elected based on how they will distribute more entitlements. We're doomed.
    Sad but true. "The Road to Serfdom" is unquestionably a one-way street. You can elect as many Reagans, Thatchers, Pauls, Romneys, Coolidges, whoever. Just band-aids. You'll never turn this leviathan around.

Post Thanks / Like

Not only are there proponents of:
    America was founded on the belief in/of God Almighty...

It appears that America's belief in "entitlement programs" began a long time ago with the issuance of:
    "The Declaration of Independence" to King George III and his minions-of-monarchy.

TO WIT:
    First section/paragraph:

"When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation".

Second section/paragraph..."The Preamble":

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security".

The major premises/propositions/conclusion:
    -A government entity (Great Britain) had deliberately sought to reduce the "rights" of the Colonists under absolute despotism.
    -The Colonies do have certain "unalienable rights"

Therefore:
    -The peoples (Americans) of the newly-formed-States have a "right" to alter or abolish that form of government.

Pretty straightforward "entitlement-language"...
    But, however, that was found to be totally unacceptable to the ruling class of the time.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Has the meaning of "entitlements" (including legal interpretations) changed over time? Certainly.

-But now, as in other time-periods of the USA, there is a pejorative connotation attached to some
    of those that are recipients...(Conversely: some who are not)...whether it's totally deserved, or not.

-Unearned; Undeserved; A "sense" of entitlement...are words that come to mind.
    Also: Entanglements.

-Some folks will declare that the "entitlement-word" is never applied to things like huge profits, market dominance,
    tax cuts for the wealthy, huge stock options, agriculture subsidies, etc., etc.

On the other hand...
    To help explain his reason to expand upon FDR's SS program... LBJ told the opponents of Medicare:[/B]
    "By God, you can't treat Grandma this way. She's entitled to it".
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

In closing:

My personal goes to AGO for allowing me opportunities to express my points-of-view on various topics.
    But...Are they entitled to do so? Am I?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like
    I aways enjoy your posts Funx.

I like the saying of, never talk about, religion, politics or money.

Careful guys...

Art

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Interesting video. I'm not sure where its from though....
    It's from The Newsroom, tv show.

"We Just Decided To" is the first episode of the first season of the American television series The Newsroom. It first aired on June 24, 2012 in the United States on HBO. "We Just Decided To" was written by creator Aaron Sorkin and directed by Greg Mottola. In the aftermath of his public tirade, acclaimed news anchor Will McAvoy (Jeff Daniels) returns to his job to find that most of his staff are leaving and his new executive producer is his ex-girlfriend, MacKenzie McHale (Emily Mortimer) and when some breaking news about a potentially disastrous oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico hits the network, the staff faces a new challenge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast