autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint sealant suggestions...

Thanks! I was really surprised myself with the WG 3.0, it definitely lives up. I had used Fuzion before but never on top of the 3.0 so I thought I'd give the system a try out.That's the reflection of my new ag tee off of the hood!
    Since it's not my daily driver I love the black but I'd never own a black car for every day use. Way too much work. My Xterra is a metallic garnet color, looks nice clean but doesn't show the dirt either.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Don't worry about the cure time too much for it. Every time I used it on the old truck, it would sit outside at night curing and have dew on it the morning. Didn't seem to affect it one bit.

Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 - Winter Test
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Thanks! I was really surprised myself with the WG 3.0, it definitely lives up. I had used Fuzion before but never on top of the 3.0 so I thought I'd give the system a try out.That's the reflection of my new ag tee off of the hood!
    Since it's not my daily driver I love the black but I'd never own a black car for every day use. Way too much work. My Xterra is a metallic garnet color, looks nice clean but doesn't show the dirt either.
    My last car was a Galaxy Grey Mazda3. Awesome color. I miss it. It didn't show off too much dirt, but it was still dark enough to hide slight imperfections. I had some cracked clear coat on the front bumper, thanks to a chunk of tire on the highway, and I had some flaws on the rear bumper where someone brushed up against the car, but they didn't stand out as badly as they sound to be, lol. I hope to God nobody hits my car now. The silver will show it right off.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Don't worry about the cure time too much for it. Every time I used it on the old truck, it would sit outside at night curing and have dew on it the morning. Didn't seem to affect it one bit.

Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 - Winter Test
    Thanks for the info.

I may lean toward the Wolfgang. Seems to be a very popular sealant on the forums.

Post Thanks / Like

I have read a lot of good things about wolfgang's. I have a sample but have not used it yet. If you want to stick with meguiar's you can try M21. It doesn't have a fragrance like ULW. I just used it on my dad's 02 camaro. I used all meg's products on this car.

D300 with a 5" microfiber pad
    M205 on a white LC pad
    2 coats of M21

Here are a couple of reflection shots.

On my daily driver I have the klasse twins. This is with just one coat of klasse sealant. It's hard to get silver to really pop but this is how it looks. On this car I used M105/M205, klasse all in one and 1 coat of klasse sealant. I just put another coat today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TH3M B0N3Z View Post
    I've been looking at CG Jetseal 109, which is an "anti-corrosion" sealant, something I've never seen on any other paint sealants other than paint coatings, which is something I've been considering, but I like to experiment.
    I would really take what Chemical Guys say with a grain of salt. These guys will flat out lie to sell products. So is it anti-corrosion? Maybe. Are all sealants anti-corrosion, if you look at it from a perspective of them shielding what ever is Under it from air and moisture, I would say yes.

Nothing wrong with trying new products but when it comes to advertizing, some companies are more truthful than others, Chemical Guys are in the bullshit people group.

Post Thanks / Like

I had thought about AMMO Skin, it's just very pricey.

Pro 4x, thanks for the Blackfire suggestions. Spray on coating with no buffing required?? Does it last as long as OC 2.0 or similar coatings? Is it as resistant to fallout and other contamination as OC 2.0? Does it need to be polished off? I see the 4 oz. bottle is only 20 bucks, pretty darn cheap for a paint coating.
    I have my doubts about Ammo skin, so if you use it please post a review.

In a video Larry did a while ago, they were doing a cross country ralley in a BMW SUV. They decided to test Ammo skin by doing half the Hood with it and half untreated. They they tested Armor All Wheel Sealant (can't remember the exact name of the product).

When they arrived after the ralley, they basically did not say anything about Ammo skin but raved about the Armor All product... so that is very very strange to me... makes me think skin failled during the ralley or something. If it had done a great job I would expect Larry to boast about it, it's a great way to sell that product with real harsh condition testing... just don't get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't select a sealant just by how it looks in pictures because its the preparation that makes it or breaks it.

Cost, longevity, ease of use and maintenance matter more.

AMMO products are very good however the new coatings on the market trump any sealant they currently offer.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I've been fixated on Sonax Net Shield. Very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone heard of SONAX Polymer Net Shield? It's like an aerosol sealant. Spray on an app, apply and immediately buff off. Under 30 bucks and lasts up to 6 months, can be used as a top coat for other coatings or as a stand alone product.
    I use all the time works great and it has a great durability. The only down side is that do not let it dry or it gets tacky and hard to buff off.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I use all the time works great and it has a great durability. The only down side is that do not let it dry or it gets tacky and hard to buff off.
    Yeah, the video demo I've seen is literally a wipe on, wipe off. Looks pretty simple. Detailer's Domain said it's more like a sealant than a coating, but it does help repel contaminants and makes washing easier.

I gave my car a good rinse earlier and the D156 makes water bead like nothing I've ever seen. Super tight beads, water runs off so quickly, and it leaves a nice slick finish and enhances the gloss of the paint. In the evening time or early hours, the silver paint looks so deep, reflective and glossy. The D156, in my opinion, is here to stay in my arsenal, lol. I still think I'll eventually try the Sonax Net Shield. Talked to a guy on YouTube who made a beading video showing off the Net Shield and he said he has stopped using traditional sealants and NS is now his go-to sealant. He mentioned that it's not very slick, but that's where the D156 will come in. I really can't wait for the fall and winter. I'll be able to keep up with my car more often, plus I've been pre-qualified for a home loan, so we're currently looking. If I get lucky and get a decent garage, that will probably be my living space.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast