autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to get into someone else's car.

Yesterday there was a Acura identical I MEAN TWINS! to mine parked two stalls away from where I had parked mine. After a long day of school I tried to get into this car no luck thought it was my keys not working correctly so I took a moment and tried again and I noticed the paint on the car had tons of swirls in it. I thought what the hell?? There is no way my car would have that. I looked inside and low and behold I was trying to get into someone else's car. So I left my card and walked two stalls down and there was my beauty on the other side of a truck swirl free.
    Oh the life of a detailer.
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tried to get into someone else's car.

i was sitting in a parking lot waiting for my wife and a guy opened the door and sat down beside me. oops his car exactly the same mazda 6 two stalls over.

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Funny you mention, same thing happened to me when i had my G35 coupe. I had the Sergentei Sand color so it was really rare for the coupe. My mom went to Walgreens while i waited. Few spots down a girl pulls up in an identical car. Suddently i see my mom walking and she's walking up the one wrong car! So i rev my engine a little bit, hoping she would hear the Borla exhaust but nope. She opens the door and almost sits down, scares the crap out of the girl...Mom you're embarassing me !!!!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Ah ha, all too funny. Reminds me of a story from many years ago, when somebody got into his Chevy at night at the mall or somewhere, drives home, parks the car in the driveway. In the morning, comes out to go to work and sees some junk in the car that isn't his--realizes it isn't his car. Turns out just by random his key(s) worked in this similar/identical car--this was in the day when GM had separate lock/ignition keys, not sure if the car was locked--it was one of those "what are the odds?" things...they said at the time there were only 200 key patterns that GM was using.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha great stories guys. I would be pretty embarrassed to #### down next to someone else in their car or the other way around... unless it was a model and I'd say well lets go for a ride! About the same key deal that is pretty bizarre. How ever my friends Honda key to his civic can make my car turn over but not fully start, it was a funny experiment.
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

Post Thanks / Like
    This past halloween, I went home and parked on my street, (where I usually park) Then a girl in a Halloween costume opens the door, gets in my car and right away turns outside by sticking her head out the window and says "hurry up!"

And there comes another girl running to my car in those Halloween high heels that they where. She then says "sorry she is taken forever" she then turns to looks at me and her eyes pop wide open.

I then tell her "wrong car?"

She then says "oops sorry", and smiles and runs back to her friend.

I was just sitting in the car laughing. I then get off to go inside my house and they are giggling and tell me "whoops sorry, goodnight!!!" They probably had a few drinks that night lol

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Haha great story man, i feel like this thread could easily be 10 pages, share your stories people!!
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Similar story...
    Was at the supermarket and when I pressed the trunk release button on my key fob, the damn thing didn't open. My immediate thought was that the battery on the fob must be dead. Luckily, for some reason I looked down and saw the license plate and it wasn't mine! Surely enough, my car was parked 1 row over with the trunk open.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

Haha, good trick or treat story!

C8n that has happened to my grandmother, she calls it her car finder. "I just look for the car with the open trunk" xD

Guys got any other ones?

I have had many scares that I have lost my car before... Forgetting where I park. I think for god sakes I am 22 years old and I cannot remember where I park.
    Cars
    1972 Chevy Nova
    1994 Acura Integra

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Ah ha, all too funny. Reminds me of a story from many years ago, when somebody got into his Chevy at night at the mall or somewhere, drives home, parks the car in the driveway. In the morning, comes out to go to work and sees some junk in the car that isn't his--realizes it isn't his car. Turns out just by random his key(s) worked in this similar/identical car--this was in the day when GM had separate lock/ignition keys, not sure if the car was locked--it was one of those "what are the odds?" things...they said at the time there were only 200 key patterns that GM was using.
    I can see that happening back in the 60's and 70's for SURE! Even in 85 when I opened my towing business I ended up with a ton of old keys and it was surprising how many vehicles ignitions I could work with an old key.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinsweethome View Post
    i was sitting in a parking lot waiting for my wife and a guy opened the door and sat down beside me. oops his car exactly the same mazda 6 two stalls over.
    Dude would have been looking at the business end of my Kimber .45 jumping in the car with me. I mean opening the door is one thing, but getting in.... oh NOOOOOOOO.
    Betcha' he wouldn't do that -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.