autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil Filters?

Post Thanks / Like

Oil Filters?

I just got a 2005 Honda Accord V6 I was going to put Mobil 1 in it. What does everyone think is the best filter(s).

Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to my friend last week about this, and he said to never use after market oil filters because it will mess with the oil circulation. I dont know if he is right but it is worth investigating. they just started coming out with these new nano fiber filters which filter 10x better, but it probably restricts your oil flow 10x slower. One thing i recomend is to take 4 or more strong magnets, and put them in a circle around the oil filter, the magnets will atract metal particals to the outside of the container, it works magic, i cant wait to try it. you can find oil filter magnets online if you wish, just type in oil filter magnets in google.
    Last edited by Thejoyofdriving; 06-12-2007 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    K&N Oil Filters are real good

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of Mobil 1, look into Amsoil..the 1st in synthetics. they have extended drain interval on their oil and filter (12 mo's or 25,000 miles) and offer the absolute best in lubrication..amsoil.com..read the tests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go with a honda oil filter... and change your oil every 3k miles. The oil and filter are the life of your motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    uh, I had a 1990 Nissan Maxima that went for 350k miles before I gave it away and all I did was keep it clean and change the oil and other normal maintenance. I used whatever name brand oil was on sale, never used synthetic before, and I used Fram oil filters, the regular old Fram oil filters, same goes for my parents 1995 T-bird which went for 250k miles with no issues, my brothers 1992 Toyota Truck, other brothers 1995 F150. I am a believer that all those fancy filters and things are just hype and not really necesarry. If a car is going to have issues it will have issues regardless of the oil filter you choose, just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 06CivicSi
    Go with a honda oil filter... and change your oil every 3k miles. The oil and filter are the life of your motor.
    O and changing the oil every 3k miles is completely unecesarry. In fact, newer cars are coming with built in oil life indicators to tell you when to change your oil and they are programmed to change your oil up to every 12k miles. This was done for environmental reasons because people are changing their oil way to often and causing too much waste. This is one of the ways the car industry is trying to "Go Green". Anyways, I changed my oil every 6k miles, 3k miles is crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I change it every 3000 miles or even less, i feel as if its cheap insurance. I use mobil 1 with fram or KN filters.
    Frank
    Thanks to AG I only wipe my butt with MF's now

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting views. I read somewhere that honda changed its filters and the new ones aren't that great. Some people say they get better milage and performance with synth oil as opposed to conv oil. The accord has 28,000 miles on it. So it's not only dirt but metal the filter has to remove. Maybe I should have asked if the aftermarket products are really worth it. K & N air filters, synth oils, high pro plugs etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep it stock.
    I use Motul or Amisol for oil as well, better than Mobile 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast