autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the fun in this business/ hobby. Enjoying that you made something look good. If you are not gawking at your work, you must not be dong it right. Gawk on.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please tell me I'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by erichaley View Post
    I purposely park farthest from the door at work so that I can admire my car as I leave work... and so others can admire it too!

Congrats on surviving the Pilot! Did my mother's 2011 Pilot for Mother's Day, and man does that have some real estate! They just bought a new one and I'll be prepping and coating it next weekend. Thankfully the roof rails are no longer standard on the EX-L!!

No kidding on the amount of surface area. That's the main goal when I wax that suv. Get the roof done and everything else is gravy. I'll end up spray waxing it tomorrow morning so it looks nice the rest of the day. I also jack it up so I can apply tire shine evenly or scrub the wheel wells. Everyday driver and I work construction. Not that there's that much going on right now. I've been sitting on the bench for 3 weeks. It's o.k. my back really isn't in that good of shape and really need the rest.
    "You want I should wipe the dead bugs off your windshield?"

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Any time my car is freshly detailed, I gawk at it. Every time I see the gloss and reflections under the evening sunset, it makes it worth cleaning my car and keeping up with it. I think the majority of us are a little obsessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Little obsessed? I am full blown crazy obsessed. I run out to the garage every few hours just to see the different reflections as the sun changes. Then I wonder how I can make it even more shiny!
    We are the music makers....and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, believe I'm like most people that do stare at things of wonder and beauty...
    Some say: 'Like the Sun setting into ocean'.

Even though there are some things that I gaze upon everyday that are full of beauty...
    It's the things that "stand out from the crowd" that hold my gaze a little longer.

Oftentimes I believe that there are things that can beheld as: Great Beauty...because of my efforts.
    But then, as reality rushes in and I'm jolted to my senses...The adage:
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...starts flashing its warning signal.

However:
    Wouldn't it be nice if our vehicles were able to take our staring as praise...and then smile: as their approval?

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

ever since I removed the RIDS on my Silverado with my Flex, I always stare at the paint in the sunlight and see if I can find any I missed. Yep, I have got home washed, clayed and re-polished.

It's totally worth the trouble. Staring at perfectly worked paint is intoxicating. Very easy to get hooked on the detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing I don't like about it is that I have only a 1 car garage and that's set up like a shop for my 73 triumph bobber. Let me tell you. That bike is the complete opposite of my daily driver. Hardtailed, rattle can paint job, drips a little oil. I love it. I'd rather have that than a new bike. My Pilot is a different story. I want it shiney squeaky clean. It kills me when a bug has the nerve to fly into it and mess up my ocd behavior. Hell, I even take the wheels off sometimes and clean the inside of the wheel. I never use a impact wrench on the lugs. I use a torque wrench to tighten the wheels and re-torque them after about 20 or 30 miles. That's a habit I picked up from working at Super Shops in the late 80's. I'm sure a few of you guys remember those stores.
    "You want I should wipe the dead bugs off your windshield?"

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbors, and my son tell me I'm going to wipe the paint right off my cars cause I'm always out cleaning something on one of the three of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.