autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED!...."How its made" TV show!

Quote Originally Posted by Lean69 View Post
    Ah who cares all boxer leak oil and have oil delivery problems because of their horizontal positioning... Get a real engine ... a rotary ohh thats right, nobody but mazda was able to produce a rotary, not ford not mercedes benz and so on...
    The only rotary to ever win at Le Mans. It had a unique sound!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbXZdLn-VQ]Mazda 787 B Great sound, Warm up - Fly by's 2011 - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post

Mazda 787 B Great sound, Warm up - Fly by's 2011 - YouTube

yes its NA 4 rotor (2 13b's sandwiched together to make 26b) 2.6 Litre
    2012 Crystal Black Pearl Acura TL
    2013 Pearl White Nissan Altima

Post Thanks / Like

I love how this went from a tv show making a boo boo to salesmen that don't know their product to Mazda rotary!!

Best Of Rotary Sounds - YouTube

Best Of Rotary Sounds Part 2 - YouTube
    2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD - Hi Chroma Red - 3.3TT
    Borla S-Type Cat-back Exhaust - ADD W1 Oil Catch Can - Tork Motorsports Intakes - BMS Pedal Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post

Mazda 787 B Great sound, Warm up - Fly by's 2011 - YouTube
    IMO, the only "car" to ever win Indy, but didn't cross the finish line. Also had a unique sound. A high-pitched whine later banned by the piston boys. The "Whoosh Mobile". Oh, well.

I later wished for something similar for the street as a solution to the "gas crisis".

Then maybe something burning hydrogen.

Now, don't consider anything with helium either 'cuz now there's a growing shortage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah who cares all boxer leak oil and have oil delivery problems because of their horizontal positioning... Get a real engine ... a rotary ohh thats right, nobody but mazda was able to produce a rotary, not ford not mercedes benz and so on...
    Rotory's are very efficient, no doubt about it and as far as oil goes, well never heard about them LEAKING oil...USING oil, well, that's another story, LOL! Seems like every RX8 owner carries around a quart of oil, not for "just in case" but rather "matter of time". I've come to respect the rotory engine more since 2 of my best friends whom are AG'ers (Derek0609 and Hectik) have Mazda's, Hectik has a MS3 as well as a 79' RX-7, Derek a MS3 and who knows, maybe a rotory car will be in his garage soon!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Rotory's are very efficient, no doubt about it and as far as oil goes, well never heard about them LEAKING oil...USING oil, well, that's another story, LOL! Seems like every RX8 owner carries around a quart of oil, not for "just in case" but rather "matter of time". I've come to respect the rotory engine more since 2 of my best friends whom are AG'ers (Derek0609 and Hectik) have Mazda's, Hectik has a MS3 as well as a 79' RX-7, Derek a MS3 and who knows, maybe a rotory car will be in his garage soon!

boxers leak oil not rotaries. A group of friends own and operate a performance shop and they told me ALL even brand new BRZ's and WRX, STI's come in with 500 miles on the clock, they put it on the lift and theyre already leaking oil. :IDK:

As far as rotaries i owned a 93 rx7 and yes, you need to check oil lever everytime you fill up. Add a little oil to your gas tank, so it lubricates apex seals, chenge oil every 2-3k miles and preferably use 2 stroke motor oil, i used MOTUL. Drive it like you stole it, run that engine high (thats why auto rx8's dont last) and if you start the engine you better drive it, or it will most likely flood, rev it up before you turn it off if you didnt rev high while driving to blow out the extra crap, and so on.

In short these engines are not fuel efficient at all, but very capable and track reliable, they run hotter then piston engines (About 220 F* unlike usual 180F*) so you better not get stuck in traffic in summer heat, or it will do damage to your seals.

Post Thanks / Like
    This next rotory engine will be interesting for sure, more interesting....what's going to be wrapped around it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    This next rotory engine will be interesting for sure, more interesting....what's going to be wrapped around it!

Might be hybrid, not full hybrid like a prius, but battery assisted motor like CRZ, that will add Torque which theyre looking for and also bring up the mileage. I just hope its not AWD like the NSX which uses regular engine for rear wheels and batteries for front. Keep it RWD and have a Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be hybrid, not full hybrid like a prius, but battery assisted motor like CRZ, that will add Torque which theyre looking for and also bring up the mileage. I just hope its not AWD like the NSX which uses regular engine for rear wheels and batteries for front. Keep it RWD and have a Turbo
    Like Derek said earlier, its funny how this thread has come full circle and now my car, the CR-Z, has made an appearance, LOL! Cool little factoid about my car is this, its the only hybrid available with a manual trans! As far as what Mazda does with the next rotory, well its too bad they don't already have hybrid technology so there's no reliabilty issues, I guess we'll see, stay tuned!

Post Thanks / Like

As a 991 owner, I concur. In fact, I think I counted 6 mistakes they made when talking about the car.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast