autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    As a 991 owner, I concur. In fact, I think I counted 6 mistakes they made when talking about the car.
    I bet one of them was NOT saying V and 6 in the same sentence though, LOL! Can you post a pic of your ride? Btw, what's your favorite Porsche ever?

The "How its Made" show began w/ a small tour at Stuttgart (spelling) and they showed a 930 turbo in a color I've never seen, dark green and IIRC it also had houndstooth interior as well, are you freakin' kidding me! My favorite is an 86' 930 turbo, white w/ houndstooth interior w/ non-US bumpers and black Fuch's, ofcoarse!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    I can't believe I missed them saying this! Ha! My wife always thinks it's funny that I always know more about the cars and/or products we are getting ready to buy than the salesman! I have a friend who is a very succesful car salesman and he HATES cars!
    Car Guy vs Sales Guy

(Your a car guy )

Post Thanks / Like
    I told my family members "I got a new rotary, then they said congratulations, what year?"

They thought I got an Rx7 lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED!...."How its made" TV show!

I always thought it was funny how RX7s have a little plaque that says do not park on tall grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoususer View Post
    I used to own a WRX and that was the most disappointing car over ever owned. Complete ends of the spectrum in terms of quality.
    ...are you seriously comparing a $20k econo car to a $60k sports car? Talk about apples to oranges. SMH

After having 4 STI's the performance is actually pretty good and they are pretty reliable. The interiors weren't that great but I didn't expect them to be. If I drop $60+ k on a car it better be the whole package- not sure what you expect for 20 grand though.

Post Thanks / Like

Back on topic, I was flipping channels and came in on another episode of this series, but they were in the Ferrari factory. Worse than calling a flat six a vee--it was like they took a vid of the production line/process...then had someone from Ferrari narrate it in Italian...then brought it back here and had some non-technical person translate it to English for the narrator...like when they machined the engine block, it was put in that machine to "remove unneeded material with water and particles". I thought they were cleaning it from what the narrator said but it went in as a casting and came out as a machined block! They also went into great detail of the painting process--but I can't explain it to you because the description was completely mangled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by derek0609 View Post
    I love how this went from a tv show making a boo boo to salesmen that don't know their product to Mazda rotary!!
    I guess that why 'they' call these threads, "off topic." LOL!!

Can you imagine what (and where) a conversation would be/go if we were all sitting around with a few adult drinks.

Bill

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Along the same lines, it's amazing how many BMW salesmen will tell you that their cars are equiped with V-6's.

It's amazing how people can be hired to sell, document, etc a product and not be required to have ANY knowledge of the topic at hand.
    I work at a Toyota dealer and lots of the car salesmen don't know what the cars are equipped with. I had a salesman asking about parts for a new Camry and I asked him if it had the 4 cyl. or a V6. He looked at me, made a short burst of laughter and asked, "How should I know?" I'm pretty certain it was a car he was selling, too.

But at that rate, sometimes customers don't even know anything about their own car. I'm familiar with Toyota vehicles, I'm not a tech or anything, but this one guy came in for an oil filter for a Corolla, maybe like a 2010, and the filters are all paper cartridges, not the traditional metal filter. Anyway, I couldn't tell the owner of the car anything because he basically didn't believe me. Even when I had a seasoned pro tell the guy, he still didn't believe the oil filter wasn't a metal one.

Like I said, I'm not a tech or a pro when it comes to cars, but I've got simple common knowledge, probably more so than any car salesman, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    A $20k WRX, where are those at, oh yeah, the used car lot, LOL! Those cars aren't that cheap, not even when they first came over here a decade ago, oh and the $60k Porsche, well, that ones on the same used car lot, your not getting a new Porsche anything for $60k, LOL!

As far as the "How its made" show on the Ferrari FF, well its on my DVR waiting to be watched, I'll be listening, LOL! Geez, are they doing one on the new Corvette, wonder what mistruthes and language butchering would go on there?

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has made realize something and that is this, when people get ready to make a show about anything automotive related like this "How its made" series just stop and call the people who made "Victory by Design" and get Alain DeCadenet to narrate it, case closed!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast