autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Might be looking for a new car

So here's the scoop. I was driving the other day and heard a pop. I wasn't sure what it was and nothing seemed out of the ordinary so I kept driving to my destination (first mistake). Everything seemed fine until I got to where I was going and went to back into a parking spot and realized that my steering wheel was really hard to turn. Decided to forego the errands I was going to do and just drive straight to my mechanic. So I'm driving and lights start coming on (battery, temperature, service engine). Temperature gauge is buried in the hot zone and keeps flicking around. Now I'm freaking out and getting really pissed, so I did the dumb thing and just decided to keep going rather than stop and pull over (second really stupid mistake - really wasn't thinking straight at the moment).

I managed to get there (drove 15-20 miles - really don't know how I made it), the engine is smoking and the coolant is boiling like crazy. Turns out, the pulley for the power steering belt broke and fell off and threw the power steering belt off (so neither the alternator nor the water pump was working). Needless to say, my engine is toast and the car is sitting at the mechanic right now and is not drivable.

So, I am borrowing my dad's car right now and figuring out what to do. It's really not worth fixing (probably $2500 - $2800 for a new engine) just to hope it gets me a few more years down the road. So, I may be either borrowing some money from my parents or a bank, and looking for a nice used car either private party or a dealership. Been feeling bummed since yesterday, as I was kinda afraid of this. Pray everything works out and maybe I can find a nice used car for a decent price. Guess a forum name change may be in order, huh?
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Might be looking for a new car

What are the details? How many miles on your car, what year etc? What kind of vehicle would you be looking for (truck, compact, midsize...)

Post Thanks / Like

Not the immaculate car show winning Ciera SL! Keep the forum name, it will be your cars legacy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JHL88 View Post
    What are the details? How many miles on your car, what year etc? What kind of vehicle would you be looking for (truck, compact, midsize...)
    My car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL, 3.1L V6 with 165,5xx on the odometer. I've had the car for over 8 years and it's been great until recently. This was my first car, so there's a good amount of sentimental value here as well. Looking to stay with a car, hopefully a sedan, maybe a Honda, Toyota, Mazda, or something along those lines.
    Shane

Post Thanks / Like
    I get my cars from my family, my white car, I got it from my brother.

I know you guys cringe when you hear auto body, but they do know what they are talking about. (They can walk circles)

If this were me, I would get some capital and buy a car from them. Dealerships are really in it for the money.

Give your local one a call and see what they have to say, maybe they can direct you to a seller.

I am looking for a 55' or older 54, 53 etc...

Post Thanks / Like

IMO lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs-T5FNAyc]Pick up man by joe diffie (the original video!!!) - YouTube[/video]
    Second Best One Legged Detailer in The World... That top slot is unattainable

Post Thanks / Like

ill say a prayer for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    My car is a 1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL, 3.1L V6 with 165,5xx on the odometer. I've had the car for over 8 years and it's been great until recently. This was my first car, so there's a good amount of sentimental value here as well. Looking to stay with a car, hopefully a sedan, maybe a Honda, Toyota, Mazda, or something along those lines.
    Well, i would say go ahead and find a good used car but since it has sentimental value to you, then thats a different story. It also depends on how much you'd be willing to spend on a used car for it to be worth it.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RedXray View Post
    IMO lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs-T5FNAyc]Pick up man by joe diffie (the original video!!!) - YouTube[/video]
    Who is that? This was a great video my first vehicle was a 1988 Chevy Blazer

Lol... I have owned a lot of vehicles lol

OP car looks in the 99 range or younger, IMO not worth the 2K+, can't tell on my tiny iPhone screen

I am going to share the heck out of this video lol!

Post Thanks / Like

bump
    Shane

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.