autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Might be looking for a new car

I know the feeling when you want to just get home or to a repair place, but once you get a temp or oil light you need to shut it down.

No chance of them cutting you a deal where you work? Maybe on a sweet trade-in?

Post Thanks / Like

just got my new pick em up. chevy and love it like Diffie. had not seen that video but sure agree. good luck choosing a new car it is a big deal to a detailer.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Shane.

I'll never forget the day the timing chain on my 1986 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight slipped and trashed the motor. It too was my first car and I couldn't afford to have the motor replaced (entire engine was trashed after that - I ripped it apart and the push rods were bent, camshaft had chunks taken out of it, etc.)

Take your time and do some research on finding a good used car that's in your price range.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    I'll never forget the day the timing chain on my 1986 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight slipped and trashed the motor.
    Yikes, you jumped the chain on a Buick 3.8? How many miles?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hernandez.art13 View Post
    Dealerships are really in it for the money.
    Aren't pretty much all businesses in it for the money? Excluding, of course, non-profits.
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Post Thanks / Like

Shane,

Sorry to hear the Ciera ended it's life. However, I would NOT spend the money and fix it. Find a nice used car and start fresh.

Good luck.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erichaley View Post
    Aren't pretty much all businesses in it for the money? Excluding, of course, non-profits.
    I can't really comment on Auto Body's because they are family and I guess i've just been very fortunate, to grow up with them in the business. And we always have each others back.

But yes it does seem like a lot of business are in it for the money, which is good for them.

But Detailing for free really burns you out (fast) I was fortunate to be taught "hands on" but now I have been learning to run my skills as a business. Especially because of AGO.

^ Note this was a friendly response

I am thinking about going to WYO Tech, but it's an hour drive to Long Beach, might move out there (but doubt it)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Pray everything works out and maybe I can find a nice used car for a decent price.
    Psalm 55:22
    Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.

You stressing over the situation is going to do ZERO about it, so instead cast that on the Lord to handle and pray over it.

I recommend Honda.

Post Thanks / Like

Painful day today. I sold my Ciera to my mechanic. It would have cost me too much to repair it. A used engine would have run about $2300, a new engine closer to $3500-$3800. Only got $350 for it, but I'm out from under it. Apparently he knows somebody who knows a young couple in their church who is struggling to make it, so they are trying to find a cheap car to give them. So if that works out and my mechanic makes a couple hundred bucks, that'll be good. Maybe my car can be of use to somebody else. Guess it's time to go car shopping!

Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps you can swap in a new 2.0 turbo setup from the ATS. Or perhaps the twin turbo from the upcoming Grand National (shhh ...)

Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.