autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acura RDX

Post Thanks / Like

Acura RDX

Over the last few weeks, wifey and I have been looking for a vehicle to replace the silver Acadia. The one we are gravitating towards is an Acura MDX or RDX. Wifey decided yesterday she doesn't need the 3rd bench (whew!!!), so RDX is the focus now.

I think in the next month or so I will be going to get a 2014 black Acura RDX. Any comments welcome. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Acura RDX

My wife has a 13 and she loves it. She had a 2010 TL sh-awd before that and she likes the rdx much better especially if you have kids. You get the tech package?

Post Thanks / Like

Me and the gf just bought a 2014 Rdx. I love it. We didn't get the tech package cuz we didn't think we would need it. The only thing I don't like about it is that I think the gas tank is to small. It's like 13 gallons. I'm used to my 20 gallon tank on my explorer but even then it's not that big of a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have a 07 rdx. Great suv. Very quick in/out of traffic and was a joy to drive. The new ones have more features and are very nice.

Best advice: take one for a test drive, you'll know then if it's right for you.

Post Thanks / Like

To those who posted thus far, thank you. We are looking at a 2014, no tech package as we don't need NAV and the other options that integrate with it. About the only thing that is a downer is that the lift-gate is manual w/o the tech package.

We did test drive the RDX and the MDX; extremely smoothe.

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW....I'd consider the tech package for resale reasons if nothing else, although I strongly suspect you'll enjoy using it. Otherwise, seems like a really terrific vehicle. IME, Acura is worst of the three Japanese premium brands in terms of dealer experience. As long as you're comfortable being treated like you bought a Civic, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

After sitting in an older mdx, I felt this, overpriced, extremely loud transmission, poor steering etc. Didnt really feel any luxury. I dont care as much about the lux part as overall good quality of the car
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like
    What color?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    FWIW....I'd consider the tech package for resale reasons if nothing else, although I strongly suspect you'll enjoy using it. Otherwise, seems like a really terrific vehicle. IME, Acura is worst of the three Japanese premium brands in terms of dealer experience. As long as you're comfortable being treated like you bought a Civic, you won't be disappointed. Good luck.
    I do not doubt the NAV-stuff would be enjoyed, but since it will be a DD the money can be better spent elsewhere right now. I'll be leasing the vehicle as well. As far as dealer experience, we have stopping in the same place over the last several years and the sales personnel were always nice. Our current rep is very helpful, knowledgeable, professional and definitely not pressuring us in any way. I also received a call yesterday from a survey company wanting to rate my current experience with the dealership and the rep. If they had issues before, it seems to me they are monitoring the dealers now. I put out an online quote with another dealership just to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    After sitting in an older mdx, I felt this, overpriced, extremely loud transmission, poor steering etc. Didnt really feel any luxury. I dont care as much about the lux part as overall good quality of the car
    I hear you. Acura's electronic steering was something I was sensitive to on our test drives. I know around 4+ years ago this was one topic that kinda plagued Acura. I am much more of a quality guy myself, and I really want my wife to be ecstatic when driving her next vehicle. The MDX and RDX were extremely smoothe on ride and steering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to TrueCar.com and get a price on the RDX and take it in to the dealer (regardless of if they're a TrueCar dealer or not) and tell them to match the price. I did that with my 2013 Honda Accord Touring (only 1% of total Accord production) that I had to wait three months for, and they matched the price. Saved me over $3,000 and made the negotiation process easy as could be.
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast