autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Flex vs rupes go with flex my honest opinion

Quote Originally Posted by SlowWRX View Post
    I think this all comes down to personal preference. I owned a Flex and I really didnt like it much. I picked my Griots over the flex and sold the flex. I have never used a Rupes yet but for me after owning the flex I would choose the Rupes.
    I know opinions are like assholes.... but i can't even comprehend why anyone would prefer Griots 6" over Flex 3401. Only advantage i can see is that it costs half as much, but that's all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 6supersport7 View Post
    I started with a rotary and still use it in some situations, mostly removing sanding scratches with a wool pad. I have found that their are simply some paints that is almost impossible to finish down halo free with the rotary. Sure, it might look it at first. Do multiple IPA wipe downs and put it in direct sun and there they are. I don't have to worry about this by doing my final polishing with a RO machine. I can get the same deep reflective finishes with a Flex 3401 or Rupes as my rotary.
    I have both also flex and rupes but rotary make metallic pop with out and wax on it. But it's just me And I do ipa multiple times with a technique that I never saw mentioned here.
    Serving Sacramento Ca

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    I find it strange that many of you prefer the Flex over the Rupes. Since getting my 21 I have barely touched another da. Many of my close friends have sold or have for sale their 3401's . I have six da machines, a rotary and a dynabrade da head for a rotary and plan on thinning my collection down to the 21 , Makita and my 3" Griots . As soon a funds allow a LHR 75 will replace the 3: Griots. I guess it's just different strokes for different folks.

I concur. There simply will not be any one tool that works for everyone and each tool excels in one way or another, but they are all capable of doing the job.

I've been using rotaries for 23+ years, I had the Flex for 18 months (sold it to a forum member), several other DA's over the years, and the Rupes has been my go to since last November. If you put in the seat time with the Rupes you will likely learn why it is so popular.

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123