autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griot Closeout sale

There are stores in NYC that have been "Going Out of Business" for 30 years. I agree with the below statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    A furniture store here in my town has a bankruptcy/going out of business sale twice a year to drum up sales. I think this is pub grab IMO

Post Thanks / Like

Convenience is the key, you can go on Amazon and get Griot's products shipped to you in two days with Prime. I love the Geek, but it is agony waiting a almost week for your order to arrive. It's hard to compete on GG when they are going so mainstream.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drbll View Post
    Convenience is the key, you can go on Amazon and get Griot's products shipped to you in two days with Prime. I love the Geek, but it is agony waiting a almost week for your order to arrive. It's hard to compete on GG when they are going so mainstream.
    With Prime you pay for the privledge of quick shipping, and even though AG doesn't have a Prime like service you can pay extra for quick shipping, it's not like Amazon sends stuff 2 day shipping free, you pay for Prime.

I love Amazon Prime though, came in so clutch while we remodeled rooms in our home, things get to you next day, Prime is worth the price!

AG should do something like this, pay $100./year get a dedicated discount off and 2-3 day shipping, would be fun, I know I'd sign up....
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    With Prime you pay for the privledge of quick shipping, and even though AG doesn't have a Prime like service you can pay extra for quick shipping, it's not like Amazon sends stuff 2 day shipping free, you pay for Prime.

I love Amazon Prime though, came in so clutch while we remodeled rooms in our home, things get to you next day, Prime is worth the price!

AG should do something like this, pay $100./year get a dedicated discount off and 2-3 day shipping, would be fun, I know I'd sign up....
    Prime is the best thing ever, I would join AG's version if they offered it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drbll View Post
    AG shipping is faster for me in Virginia. Not to mention their customer service is second to none!

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Klasse Act;892444]Speaking of Surf City (cheesy name, would never buy they're stuff just based off of that!) my buddy told me the Carquests in Michigan replaced their DG products with Surf City, you've gotta be kidding me, right! I look at it like this, their loss and the salesman for that Surf City my be a relative of PT Barnum, LOL. Although I've never used Surf City products I also know of noone who has either, not even here on AG but I'm sure they exsist, I'm VERY sure they don't even come close to DG, no way, no how, NO I I !

What?!?! I'll have to go check this out. I have some Surf City product, and it's ok. Nowhere near the performance of dg - not even close. I used their Barrier Reef Wax on Friday, and it seems ok. Any dg sealant out performs their Nano Seal though.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post

I tend to agree, or at an absolute minimum, charge us based on ACTUAL shipping weight. Truthfully, I haven't been purchasing from AG much partially because of this. I found another company that charges a yearly membership fee, gives prices 20-40% off MSRP pricing, reasonable shipping charges, the works. I've probably saved over $1500 over the past few months.

Back onto this topic... Has it really taken 8 pages and we still haven't gotten an answer as to why this Griots line is being dropped? Seriously AG???

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    IMO every time that a vendor goes retail, AG drops the line. Think Surf City.
    +1, thank you.

Also, don't forget, Griot recently tried and failed to sell product on Shop NBC.
    "Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell." ~ Author unknown.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Going Mobile View Post
    +1, thank you.

Also, don't forget, Griot recently tried and failed to sell product on Shop NBC.
    ... and Griot is selling at Advanced Auto Parts

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyG View Post
    I tend to agree, or at an absolute minimum, charge us based on ACTUAL shipping weight. Truthfully, I haven't been purchasing from AG much partially because of this. I found another company that charges a yearly membership fee, gives prices 20-40% off MSRP pricing, reasonable shipping charges, the works. I've probably saved over $1500 over the past few months.

Back onto this topic... Has it really taken 8 pages and we still haven't gotten an answer as to why this Griots line is being dropped? Seriously AG???
    hehe...i know where you're shopping!!! good for you!
    I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast