autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SON1C View Post
    Who's planning on attending the American Muscle Car Show this summer?
    I'll be there, already registered. Was there last year too. Look forward to the show specials.
    Learning to detail for fun and to show my 96 Ford SVT Cobra, Black. My dad always said I was going to wax the paint right off my car. Would wax every weekend. GG 6" DAP

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek Mustang Roll Call ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney View Post
    I'll be there, already registered. Was there last year too. Look forward to the show specials.
    When & Where is it?

Ken
    I currently have a 1986 Mustang GT, but it is not picture worthy right now. I am in the middle of body work and motor work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    Nothing that has gone wrong with it has been related to maintenance. Could just be that its a cheap model. I think the higher end ones are nicer, just think the cheap V6 ones are built very cheap. Weren't they the least American made car at one time? Not that I am patriotic anyways, nothing wrong with Mexico, thats where my beloved Jettas come from.
    Sorry must have taken your original post out of context. I misconstrued the "cheapest built POS around. "American Muscle" I guess, 100,000 mile cars and thats it" compliment as an insult. Yeah, I'm a patriotic kind of guy, try to buy American, wave the flag and serve and protect. Some of my Mustang parts are made in Mexico, but I think I have them all swapped out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax;894553I
    always hear about the "notorious electrical gremlins" from non-VW owners yet out of the 4 in our family (00 TDI Jetta, 06 TDI Jetta, 06 Audi A6 and no 10 TDI Jetta) the only electrical gremlin has been the fan control module on my 2000 TDI with 270k, and the issue was related to me smashing the front up slightly and cracking the fan control module allowing road salt into it.
    Not going to lie, I am a non-VW-owner (3 Fords and a Dodge), but that's only because of friends, family and co-workers who are VW-owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax;894553I
    Not here to start high school fights, educated debate sure, afterall its a Mustang roll call, doesn't say you have to be a satisfied Mustang owner.
    C'mon high school was fun, don't you wish you could go back? Life was so much simpler then., I miss it. You are correct it is a Mustang Roll Call and SON1C did say to post about other vehicles. We have 10 pages and 92 posts minus 1 (see I am edumacated), of proud Mustang ownership, pics, mods and stories, c'mon don't rain on the Mustang parade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, the other Mustangs are probably nicer and many of them I wouldn't mind. I think it may be due to this one being a cheap model.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing that has gone wrong with it has been related to maintenance. Could just be that its a cheap model. I think the higher end ones are nicer, just think the cheap V6 ones are built very cheap. Weren't they the least American made car at one time? Not that I am patriotic anyways, nothing wrong with Mexico, thats where my beloved Jettas come from.
    Mustangs come from Flat Rock, MI. All of my beloved Fords have come from the states, with the exception of one from Ontario.
    2011 Ford F-150 FX4 5.0L -- My Flickr Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris's FX4 View Post
    Mustangs come from Flat Rock, MI. All of my beloved Fords have come from the states, with the exception of one from Ontario.
    I know Final Assembly is there, I thought I red a report about it being one of the least American, American made cars but cannot find it so it must just be in my head. I found one stat that says 65% American which is pretty high these days.

Personally I don't care because a lot of countries make better parts, europeans and Japan for instance do a great job but get thrown into the mix of "non-American" like Mexico and China. It was more that the Mustang seems to be a patriotic car and I had thought it wasn't very American, guess I was wrong.

Believe it or not though, I must confess. I was a subscriber to 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords (I think thats it) for many years, all through my younger teenage years. Dreamed of owning a mustang, then when I got to 16 I no longer had interest, but I was a Mustang lover at one time.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies for discussing Mustangs.
    Vinny

Post Thanks / Like

Believe it or not though, I must confess. I was a subscriber to 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords (I think thats it) for many years, all through my younger teenage years. Dreamed of owning a mustang, then when I got to 16 I no longer had interest, but I was a Mustang lover at one time.
    You should give it a try. Try owning a V8 Mustang. It gets in your blood. AFter you sell it, you wish you hadn't. Then you start looking for another one. I have owned 4. Loved each and every one of them. Virtually no mechanical problems with any of them.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    You should give it a try. Try owning a V8 Mustang. It gets in your blood. AFter you sell it, you wish you hadn't. Then you start looking for another one. I have owned 4. Loved each and every one of them. Virtually no mechanical problems with any of them.
    Thats what happened with her, totalled he first one, missed it every day bought this one, wont sell it because she knows she will want another one. I wanted her to sell this one then later on down the road she can get a nicer V8 one since its just going to be a toy from now on. A V6 Auto isn't much fun.

Mechanically its been okay, its just the little things that feel cheap and fall apart. Especially that shifter.

Like I said though, I'm not trying to discredit them, I am more curious if its just this car leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Trying to discuss not slander, I realize it can be sensitive though as these are peoples pride and joy.
    Vinny

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast