autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autogeek Mustang Roll Call ?

Quote Originally Posted by dpscoupe View Post
    Nice!
    ^^^^Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post

Awesome! but I can't put 540 to the ground, 733/714 must be a #####.

It's not all that bad to be honest. I run drag radials all the time...and my suspension, well, it's built and dialed in. 1st, obviously, is useless, have to pedal it big time, and then she starts to dig in in 2nd and that's when all the fun starts! LOL
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Just joined after getting my new Flex.....current Mustang 2011 GT Premium, 6MT, Raxioms, Eleanor grill, Roush axle backs. Had to pick up the Flex to polish out fine scratches. Looks amazing now.

Autogeek Mustang Roll Call ?-image-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    WE have a winner.

Nice. Don't ever sell that sweet thing (unless it is to me).
    Quote Originally Posted by dpscoupe View Post
    Indeed!

Thanks, I have owned it since 1979, it's not going anywhere. I had a guy at the local Mustang club show offer to trade me straight across for a new Mustang. I told him that I couldn't take advantage of him like that, I explained that he would be getting a car that had no power steering, no power brakes, no air conditioning, no stereo, no interior sound insulation and rode like a race car. Although he said he didn't mind I just couldn't, in good conscience, do that to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillH View Post
    Thanks, I have owned it since 1979, it's not going anywhere. I had a guy at the local Mustang club show offer to trade me straight across for a new Mustang. I told him that I couldn't take advantage of him like that, I explained that he would be getting a car that had no power steering, no power brakes, no air conditioning, no stereo, no interior sound insulation and rode like a race car. Although he said he didn't mind I just couldn't, in good conscience, do that to him.
    I wish I had had the foresight and cash to buy one in 1979. I am sure it was well before the market for them went haywire. OF course, I was only 13 in 1979 and wouldn't have been in the market for a car anyway.

It was very valiant of you not to take advantage of that unsuspecting new Mustang owner like that. Who would want a car without all those necessities?

Bill, if you happen to be anywhere near Indiana, I would like to get together with your Shelby someday and take some pictures of mine next to its grandfather. Let me know if you are bringing it to a Shelby meet or anything like that. I have a friend with a 68 GT500 in white/blue, but, I cant get him to take it out of the garage. I consider it Shelby neglect. Just PM me if that ever happens.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt post a picture earlier. Here is my first car ever. 91 Fox 2.3L LX. Thing was super clean, im going to have to find some picture of the inside.

This picture was taken before the dual exhaust and 3" cowl.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 5.4 Shelby View Post
    I wish I had had the foresight and cash to buy one in 1979. I am sure it was well before the market for them went haywire. OF course, I was only 13 in 1979 and wouldn't have been in the market for a car anyway.

It was very valiant of you not to take advantage of that unsuspecting new Mustang owner like that. Who would want a car without all those necessities?

Bill, if you happen to be anywhere near Indiana, I would like to get together with your Shelby someday and take some pictures of mine next to its grandfather. Let me know if you are bringing it to a Shelby meet or anything like that. I have a friend with a 68 GT500 in white/blue, but, I cant get him to take it out of the garage. I consider it Shelby neglect. Just PM me if that ever happens.
    I guess I need to fill out my profile a little better as I am in Central Washington State. I actually acquired the car as part of a barn find purchase that involved a 289 Cobra in 1977.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillH View Post
    I guess I need to fill out my profile a little better as I am in Central Washington State. I actually acquired the car as part of a barn find purchase that involved a 289 Cobra in 1977.
    .........and what happened to the Cobra?

Yeah, doubt you make it to Indiana very often in the Shelby.
    Kevin
    Griots Garage 6in ROP, 3in ROP, pneumatic 3in polisher
    Flex 3401, Porter Cable PC7424 (the old non-XP model).

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to get her to sell her Mustang now. Its an 07 V6/auto with 130,000 on it, keeps having little things fall apart and yesterday I got her a TDI Cup Edition Jetta.

It may just be hers and the options it has but honestly that thing feels like the cheapest built POS around. "American Muscle" I guess, 100,000 mile cars and thats it. My old TDI Jetta with 270k on it is holding together much better than her mustang.

Her new one looks better too haha.

Vinny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Durallymax View Post
    Trying to get her to sell her Mustang now. Its an 07 V6/auto with 130,000 on it, keeps having little things fall apart and yesterday I got her a TDI Cup Edition Jetta.

It may just be hers and the options it has but honestly that thing feels like the cheapest built POS around. "American Muscle" I guess, 100,000 mile cars and thats it. My old TDI Jetta with 270k on it is holding together much better than her mustang.

Her new one looks better too haha.

Think you posted in the wrong thread. Not sure if that Stang was well maintained or not, but plenty of us Mustang owners have no complaints and high mileage.

As far as VW is concerned, love those electrical gremlins they are notorious for, makes ownership interesting and fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous-Detail View Post
    Think you posted in the wrong thread. Not sure if that Stang was well maintained or not, but plenty of us Mustang owners have no complaints and high mileage.

As far as VW is concerned, love those electrical gremlins they are notorious for, makes ownership interesting and fun.
    Nothing that has gone wrong with it has been related to maintenance. Could just be that its a cheap model. I think the higher end ones are nicer, just think the cheap V6 ones are built very cheap. Weren't they the least American made car at one time? Not that I am patriotic anyways, nothing wrong with Mexico, thats where my beloved Jettas come from.

I always hear about the "notorious electrical gremlins" from non-VW owners yet out of the 4 in our family (00 TDI Jetta, 06 TDI Jetta, 06 Audi A6 and no 10 TDI Jetta) the only electrical gremlin has been the fan control module on my 2000 TDI with 270k, and the issue was related to me smashing the front up slightly and cracking the fan control module allowing road salt into it.

Not here to start high school fights, educated debate sure, afterall its a Mustang roll call, doesn't say you have to be a satisfied Mustang owner.
    Vinny

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast