autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

I love dealerships

So I had a customer come by today with what looked like a shopping cart was pushed down the whole side of her van. The dealership told her it would cast 1k to fix the whole side of van. They where all surface scratches nothing through the clear coat. I told her it would cost $35 to have me fix it for her took me about 40min to get it done. Everything came out very easy and I forgot to take pictures she was in kinda a hurry. She booked her two other cars next week

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I love dealerships

Lmao 1K to fix, so much for that!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Job bud! I actually had a 2013 Corvette GS come in the other day (Opti'd it 6 months ago) & noticed 2 scratchs on the driver side door shaped exactly like this: \\ He said dealership wanted $800 to fix it... I told him I would do it at a quarter of the price (re-opti'ing the area included) He scheduled an appointment instantly. These dealers are rapeing unknowning victims out of ridiculous amounts of money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawk View Post
    Lmao 1K to fix, so much for that!
    Yeah, they were going to repaint it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Colinpd137 View Post
    Nice Job bud! I actually had a 2013 Corvette GS come in the other day (Opti'd it 6 months ago) & noticed 2 scratchs on the driver side door shaped exactly like this: \ He said dealership wanted $800 to fix it... I told him I would do it at a quarter of the price (re-opti'ing the area included) He scheduled an appointment instantly. These dealers are rapeing unknowning victims out of ridiculous amounts of money.
    Should have said "half-price" and maybe negotiate down to "quarter-price". I think you might have left some meat on the table. I hate when that happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Dealerships is one way to keep up constant business thats for sure. Nice way to get more money from the smaller things Todd! Great job!
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Evan.J View Post
    Dealerships is one way to keep up constant business thats for sure. Nice way to get more money from the smaller things Todd! Great job!
    Thank you

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

My addition to this would be I stopped in at my local Chevy/Buick/GMC dealership today to talk with a salesman I know and was telling him we started doing "higher end details". In fact I told him there was NO WAY I wanted dealership work, and didn't want my name associated with what his guys do. To which he was in total agreement (as he tends to keep nice cars himself).

Told him I didn't want "wash jobs", only true detail jobs that are over and above their "average stuff". Basically only the guys that knew what they wanted, and wanted to pay for the quality that comes with it. And as a matter of fact, my basic wash takes 2~3 hours, what with spending 10~15 minutes on each wheel, minimum. (Which is NOT what their "basic wash" is btw.)

He asked for cards and price sheets so he could send his GOOD customers to me. And even though my lower level exterior job, that doesn't include any buffing (other than Nanoskin via buffer), then claying what it won't hit, and of course a sealant, all trim coated and sealed as well as glass water spots treated starts @ $150 he was very excited to be able to send me jobs.

Heck, we even talked about how they use Dupont coatings (with 5 year warranty) and after discussing OC Pro (and that warranty) sending me his coating jobs!

And here I was thinking I really don't want to work that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice save for the customer at a fair cost and brought you additional business. Do you think she will tell her friends of your quality work and compare the dealership cost? Absolutely. The positive word of mouth is worth far more than a few more $.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    My addition to this would be I stopped in at my local Chevy/Buick/GMC dealership today to talk with a salesman I know and was telling him we started doing "higher end details". In fact I told him there was NO WAY I wanted dealership work, and didn't want my name associated with what his guys do. To which he was in total agreement (as he tends to keep nice cars himself).

Told him I didn't want "wash jobs", only true detail jobs that are over and above their "average stuff". Basically only the guys that knew what they wanted, and wanted to pay for the quality that comes with it. And as a matter of fact, my basic wash takes 2~3 hours, what with spending 10~15 minutes on each wheel, minimum. (Which is NOT what their "basic wash" is btw.)

He asked for cards and price sheets so he could send his GOOD customers to me. And even though my lower level exterior job, that doesn't include any buffing (other than Nanoskin via buffer), then claying what it won't hit, and of course a sealant, all trim coated and sealed as well as glass water spots treated starts @ $150 he was very excited to be able to send me jobs.

Heck, we even talked about how they use Dupont coatings (with 5 year warranty) and after discussing OC Pro (and that warranty) sending me his coating jobs!

And here I was thinking I really don't want to work that much.
    I do have one owner of a dealer I do all his personal cars for him cause he does not want his guys to touch it. When he gets really nice cars in he calls me to come get them and detail them.