autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Throwing in the towel...

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty much throwing in the towel when it comes to detailing. I'm sick of it. I'm pretty much sick of everything at this point... work... life... it's all a damn joke. What little bit of sanity I have left is somehow keeping me from quitting my job, keying the hell out of my car, and quitting life in general. Every ounce of effort I put into anything just backfires on me. I detail my car for 8 hours, the sealant lasts for 2 weeks after a rainstorm. I don't get it. I'm plain sick of it. I figure I'll need to be doped up on God knows what in order to get through a weekly washing anymore.

So you won't see me on these forums much at all, if at all. I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Throwing in the towel...

In every way imaginable and sincere I wish you the best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a week vacation away (if possible) from all things detailing. Maybe even away from cars/trucks (again, if possible). Maybe on a beach or maybe camping. It really might help you regain some tolerance and perspective. I wish you the best. And remember, we as humans have the unique ability to adapt to about anything. You might be surprised how a break from something might spark your interest in something else and maybe leading to a new path.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 to what azure said. I've taken the past two weeks off from beating the hell out of myself with jobs. Went to the beach and I'm going again Tuesday. I've lined up my first two appointments this month today and I'm ready to get back at it.

Take a break. It's good for ya.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
    Mike Frickman
    Owner/Operator
    On Scene Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain man there was a time i lost my house when my wife got sick. Then her dad had to get his leg amputated and he didn't have anyone to help him at the VA hospital so we had to drive an hour everyday just to feed him. VA food is ridiculously terrible. Definitively a hard time in my life but I've bounced back and plan on opening up my business again at the end of the month. Also as i was getting back on my feet i fought and struggled now I'm about to get my associate's degree in criminal justice. If i can come back from all that man you can too. Please keep your head up and dont give up. I'm pulling for ya

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep you head up brother take a break from everything, I think the main thing would be get away from work. Take a little time off so you can refresh yourself. There is nothing more crappy than the day to day repetitive crap. I am feeling a little like you right now.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no where near enough back info to offer advice but good luck

make sure that the reasons you are sick of your life (forget about detailing) are valid and true.. Meaning, just cause things don't go your wat you need hate yourself

When something good happens, be happy and when something bad happens, laugh because it's life

Seems like you need to build self confidence more than anything

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant only lasted two weeks? What were you using?

Nobody on here would believe it, but NXT 2.0 is still beading water on my truck and I applied that back in November.

Take a break from the cleaning, detailing is not meant to cause illness of the mind or body.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you detailing for a living?

I've had detailing failures / life screw-ups as well, we all have:

1. OptiCoat washed away. I didn't prep right? Spent 5 days polishing and prepping for that.

2. Dropped a bucket and put a dent in my fender.

3. Burned through paint on my SUVs bumper going after a scratch and payed $$$ for re-paint

4. Put a key like scratch in B Pillar of same SUV while polishing out the roof. Still don't know how it happened. But it was t their before

5. Lowered garage door on rear bumper of my BMW - that was 6 months after my girlfriends did the same exact thing - same exact car.

6 And, the worse, big screw up at work recently. I typed directions on a prescription "3 times a day" instead of "3 times a week". I didn't catch the mistake until after person was taking the medication for a week. .

I had to call the person and their physician and explain the whole thing. Nobody was very happy.

7. And... I've had worse issues / screw ups in my past is rather not go into here. Things that took years to fix

Things get screwed up for everyone. Sometimes its a mistake, sometimes its carelessness, sometime you don't know why or how it happened. Take a break, it will get better. For whatever reason, a lot of bad things happen at once.

Post Thanks / Like

To all of you who have endured hard times...

Believe me I know what all of you mean. I could go on like everyone else with hard luck war stories but I won't. What I will say is the obvious, it could be worse. Let's look at this for a moment...

People who have lost their children to some misfortune.
    People who have lost a limb, sight, hearing.
    People with incurable diseases.
    People who live in 3rd world countries (no running water or no shelter).
    Children never knowing who their mothers are.
    The list can be endless.

How bad is a scratch on our cars or some sealant wore off prematurely?
    The fact that we can enjoy this crazy hobby/business is a blessing in itself. Let's not get it twisted, there is a big difference between misfortune and disappointment.

We are so lucky!!!
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast