autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

My beater car is totaled

I had a bad accident with my beater car. It's totaled but I'm so lucky. My knee, lert hand and left side is a little brused. I had 406,000 miles on that car and I'm disappointed about losing it but I do realize how it could have been much, much worse. Some guy in a BMW 7 series coming out of a parking lot jumped right out in front of me and then BAM. I T-Boned him and all he got was a minor scratch on his elbow. While the paramedics were tending to me I was concerned for him as much as myself and asked was he okay. He looked at me and said with a mean tone "how fast were you going?". First of all I wasn't speeding and he was found to be at fault. I don't think he even so much as asked someone (police, firemen, paramedics or bystanders) if I was okay. That really made me angry that someone could be so callus and lack compassion. I have witnesses. One witness was a pastor and thankfully he saw the whole think and is on the police report. I'll see him in court. I was shooting for 500,000 miles and now it's gone. I'm so disappointed but I'm so lucky. Thanks for reading my rant.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't mean to be harsh but you can never expect someone to care you can only hope. Glad youre okay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My beater car is totaled

Glad to hear you are ok. Hope it didnt worsen your hips.
    Some people are not worth the air they breathe.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks bud what car was your "beater"?

My turn to share story..About 6 years ago a lady t-boned me so hard that my Ford Focus went sliding right in between a section gate and stopped right at the driver/passenger doors. I couldn't get out..I must have hit the curb pretty hard too cause the car started to smoke and it was getting inside the cabin, forcing me to cough. Thankfully i had a sunroof and at that time was about 145lb so i climbed out on the roof.

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

That sucks man, I hope you get better soon. Having been rear-ended twice, I somewhat understand. The real pain comes 4-5 days later so get ready with some good drugs.
    I'm really courious to know what your beater was with that many miles?
    Being a BMW owner myself, I'm upset at the guys reaction, that kind of crap gives us a bad rap.
    Oh well, it could've been much worse, at the end of the day, its just a bunch of metal and its completely replaceable unlike your personal well being.
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Man sorry to hear that. I had a similar reaction. I was riding my 4 day old motorcycle when a young girl made a left in front of me. I smashed into her car and flew over the car and landed in the middle of the street. I got up and ran to the sidewalk so I was out of traffic and proceeded to see if I was all intact. The girl gets out of the car and yells at me "where the hell did u come from, look what u did to my car". She had no care in the world that I just flew over her car into the street. I was lucky that the girl that was behind me cussed the other girl out. I was getting ready to throw my helmet at the girl I was that pissed off. Some people just don't care. When her father got there he asked if she was ok or hurt and looked at me and said I should drive more carefully. I was so PO'd and ready to fight him. The cop who was there yelled at the guy and told him that it was his daughters fault and if he wanted to blame somebody he should blame himself for letting her drive. Lol I loved that cop after that. Bike was totaled after about total of 15 miles on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not to get all religious, however:

When you are going to enter the white pearly gates, you goal is to have a great "resume"

Improving others "resumes" only improves yours

(I wonder what sealant they have to keep them so pearly white...?) Lol

Good to head that you are ok
    👍

Post Thanks / Like

As some wrote , glad that you re ok mate !

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you were in an accident but the most important thing is you're OK....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Aw, that sucks, man. Hope you're ok with your knee etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast