autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New address CopperHead Road - I hate snakes ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by T3 AutoDetails View Post
    Tony,

Wow fella...I would have needed more than just new underwear on that badboy. I'm TERRIFIED of snakes of any size and that would have made me faint! glad it worked out for you though.
    Im with you! I would of just orded the guy a new hood cause i would have been jumping and screaming on the hood for help like it was going out of style

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert8194 View Post
    Gosh. That is big for a CH. They are usually not too aggressive but when angered, they can get ugly. Diamondbacks have been known to bite through their own jaw to get to a hand holding them. Glad this worked out well for you... For the CH, not so much.
    Yeah, I was thinking it was big for a copperhead too! At first I couldn't believe it was even there. Then I was like, "well that's the biggest rat snake I've ever seen" (because it was in the shadows under the truck). Then I came to my senses and looked at the head and said to myself, "Self... you are in deep $hit here and if you don't get your act together... SOON... you are gonna LOSE THIS FREAKING SNAKE!"

Oh had it been a rattler I WOULD HAVE $hit my pants! Those puppies can JUMP!

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    I'm not a fan of snakes, especially poisonous ones, but I probably would have tried to dispatch it after I regained my wits.

Glad you got the situation handled without getting bit. Good job!
    Yep, that's exactly what I did. AFTER I had a conversation with my "self". I was screaming so to "get the dog in the house" I got Deb wound up. I really, I mean R-E-A-L-L-Y wanted a longer pole, bigger bat, SOMETHING and all I had was a plastic bristle angled broom.

For a moment there I channeled some weirdo on Jay Leno handling 6' Cobras and decided that sucker wasn't getting the best of me. (All the while I was adding in my head how long it'd take to get me to the hospital... about 15~20 minutes if they called 911 right away.)

Then dispatch it I did! Didn't even feel bad about it afterwards.
    (Deb was asking me if there was some sort of law against killing copperheads afterwards, and I said well if it kills me first I imagine not.)

Quote Originally Posted by banzaitoyota View Post
    Which is why I have a single shot 410 on the lawnmower
    That's a good idea dude! Except I don't own a .410. Hmmmm.... What about a .44, or a .38, or a 5.56 or a....

Post Thanks / Like
    http://m.wikihow.com/Cook-a-Snake

Cook that sucker!

I have never tried snake before, but ehh why not 😏
    Haha

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cullen View Post
    Detailing day would have been DONE! Running like a little girl to the gun cabinet would have been in the cards and a 20 foot pole to get it out of the garage.
    All I could think was what if it GOT my little girl. (Well, she's almost 25 and her mother is more than twice that, but still... always your little girls.

Oh, and I don't need to get to a cabinet to find a gun.
    DARN IT... I just remembered, like JUST NOW, that I could have gotten the wifes 9mm (with a laser on it none the less) from inside the Denali. That'd have put a 'spot' on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    And then I would've been calling a real estate agent. Whoa.
    Hey now... us Southern Boys ain't gonna' run FRUM no stinkin' snakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@zerboautoworks View Post
    Man here in Florida we have some deadly snakes, last weekend we took the boat out and tied up to our normal spot to chill on the river, before we head out into the bay and there was s nest of cotton mouths, very aggressive snakes.
    Ohhhhh.... Cotton Mouths now those are NASSSSS----T

Quote Originally Posted by Mastercraft241 View Post
    Im with you! I would of just orded the guy a new hood cause i would have been jumping and screaming on the hood for help like it was going out of style
    Hahahahaaa... but it'd have been me buying for myself. It was under the back and I'm not sure there is enough room on top of it for me to stuff myself between the roof and the garage door.

How about this... was getting brave by now. It had already tried to get my twice and spit at me another time!

This is the wide angle she got when she came around the left side of the truck. It was actually crawling until she screamed and it jerked it's head up!

Yep... Cardaddy... Snake handler to the cars (get it... not to the 'stars' but to the 'cars').
    I know when all was said and done... it wasn't gonna' buff out.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that you threw on some nitrile gloves lol... Could see myself doing the same thing in a panic!

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it was me the only pictures I would have, is of a headless snake.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyK View Post
    I love that you threw on some nitrile gloves lol... Could see myself doing the same thing in a panic!
    No... mentioned that earlier. I had just finished cleaning the grill and went to put the Megs degreaser and wheel brightener back in the garage and wished, I'd had more than the nitrile gloves on. Had I had thick leather gloves perhaps I'd not have been so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony@zerboautoworks View Post
    If it was me the only pictures I would have, is of a headless snake.
    I do have pictures of a 4-piece snake. Lil sucker just went to pieces once my son brought the machete! Figured this wasn't the place for that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it possible to make a necklace of the snakes head?

tax·i·der·my (tks-dûrm)
    n.
    The art or operation of preparing, stuffing, and mounting the skins of dead animals for exhibition in a lifelike state.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123