autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Truck got broken into

I think I left my truck unlocked...but either way, my whole community is gated, and my truck everything in there is pretty odd to be targeted. I get in my truck this morning and my Valentine 1 detector was missing....yet my wallet and $400 phone were right there in plain view and they didn't get touched. Yeh I know stupid I left them in their but I've honestly left my wallet etc in the truck when I come home quickly and know I'm leaving again.

I'm just trying to figure out how they went to my truck, didn't touch our other vehicles, didn't touch my wallet with plenty of cash in it or the expensive phone...yet took my detector ...retarded thief??
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    wow sorry to hear that. (happened to me once) sad that you can't heave your truck unlocked in a gated community....I guess someone really needed a Valentine detector....

Post Thanks / Like
    Studip kids.... That sux, I hope they catch them.
    Last edited by trl2112; 05-24-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to hear that Surfer....it stinks when some one invades your domain....the radar detector was probably the most useful item to them....the phone can be locked out and the serial number reported stolen since it is a electronic serial number...the wallet if no money was in it is sorta useless also....a amateur with credit cards is risky now....with cameras on the registers and time stamps of the transaction you may see who it is....

at least they did not damage the truck...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good your other things are safe Surfer, and it's good you're safe as well. At least they didn't try to break in your house. You can always replace the detector, maybe with something better

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh especially that the garage clicker was still there. I'm still so pissed, I loved that detector....if I find it was some punk kid in the neighborhood, beatdown time

And its not like I live in a bad area, I live in friggen Boca, snob central lol.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer
    Yeh especially that the garage clicker was still there. I'm still so pissed, I loved that detector....if I find it was some punk kid in the neighborhood, beatdown time

And its not like I live in a bad area, I live in friggen Boca, snob central lol.
    Maybe some rich kids who have nothing to do

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfer

LOL Sorry to hear about the break in Surfer. At least they didn't break the windows and steal everything and then take a baseball bat to your truck. I feel sorry for those kids if you catch them. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a $400 detector, right? Sad...But maybe it was cops that did it. After all your phone was still there, and so was your wallet.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    That's a $400 detector, right? Sad...But maybe it was cops that did it. After all your phone was still there, and so was your wallet.
    Yeh I've had that detector for about 10 years. Walked out to the new truck when I was 16 that they already put the Valentine 1 in as an extra present lol....sentimental value, thing never failed me, thats why I'm so pissed b/c I had it for so long.

No cops in my neighborhood...though that did make me chuckle when you said that lol.
    The real WyStang:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast