autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any drag racers here?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Yup!

Back in the day when horsepower was hard to manufacture...circa 1977

Good luck!!
    I can tell that was at Epping, NH. I spent many, many hours up there during the 70's & 80's testing and racing which led to running up and down the coast from Gainesville, FL to Montreal. The "GOOD OLD" days!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Anybody else here drag race? I'm headed to the dragstrip tommorow to click off a new best. I mounted my drag wheels/tires earlier in the week in preperation. Car is 11.9X capable. My previous best was 12.86 @ 106 mph. That was at full weight and just boltons. Car now has extensive weight reduction and heads and cams.....its an all motor car. Going to be a fun Friday night !
    Does a brown bear #### in the woods?!?!

The pic below is from 2006. 4.6 4V swap. Went 12.32 @ 109 on motor 1.71 60ft. Went 11.58 @ 127 on a 150 shot, 1.98 60ft. Both on Nitto 555Rs.

Good luck at the track tonight! Post up some slips!

Jonathan "Jmac" McDonald

devilintedetailz.com

Post Thanks / Like

Man I wish the weather up here would cooperate so I can get to the track.
    My best last year 9.91 @ 142mph:

That's with 14#'s on a D1SC Procharger.
    Team Flex PE14-2 150(Serial#0005)/3401/3403/XFE 7-15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w3bb3r04 View Post
    Not really a drag racer but I have taken my car to the track on street tires. You know how that goes. It should run low 11's high 10's eventually but shes just a street car.

Stunning ride but what did it run?

I spoke about my Caprice earlier but after I sold it I took a year off of having "a toy" and bought an 87' Grand National in 1995. I had some money left over from the loan, sold my 81' Riviera and that 78' Caprice Classic and transformed that GN into a nice lookin' and great performing street car. Got the car re-painted, added 16" Enkei mesh wheels (16's were kinda big back then, LOL) and basic mods that were the norm for those cars.....results, 13.45@101 mph on re-capped cheater slicks. After that the bug bit me and I added a FMIC, TE60 turbo, 42 lb inj, true 3" downpipe w/3" exhaust...then I had a 12 second street car, a true DD (if I didn't live where it snowed) and my best time was 12.68@109 mph w/1.91 60 ft time and it still got 27 mpg on the freeway as I took the car on my honeymoon with the 1st wife, a big deal back in the late 90's to be able to do such a thing. Funny thing launching that car was the fact I had to use the e-brake to hold the car while staging due to the car wanting to creep forward. I would bring up the boost and have my left hand holding the release handle and LET IT RIP ON THE 2ND YELLOW and HOLD ON! On the video these cars just made a little whistle and that was it, LOL! Sadly the only pic I have of the GN is old photo's but I ended up adding polished 16" Torque Thrust II's on, looked awesome, old school and new school in perfect harmony....as it should be! ! !

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Stunning ride but what did it run?

I spoke about my Caprice earlier but after I sold it I took a year off of having "a toy" and bought an 87' Grand National in 1995. I had some money left over from the loan, sold my 81' Riviera and that 78' Caprice Classic and transformed that GN into a nice lookin' and great performing street car. Got the car re-painted, added 16" Enkei mesh wheels (16's were kinda big back then, LOL) and basic mods that were the norm for those cars.....results, 13.45@101 mph on re-capped cheater slicks. After that the bug bit me and I added a FMIC, TE60 turbo, 42 lb inj, true 3" downpipe w/3" exhaust...then I had a 12 second street car, a true DD (if I didn't live where it snowed) and my best time was 12.68@109 mph w/1.91 60 ft time and it still got 27 mpg on the freeway as I took the car on my honeymoon with the 1st wife, a big deal back in the late 90's to be able to do such a thing. Funny thing launching that car was the fact I had to use the e-brake to hold the car while staging due to the car wanting to creep forward. I would bring up the boost and have my left hand holding the release handle and LET IT RIP ON THE 2ND YELLOW and HOLD ON! On the video these cars just made a little whistle and that was it, LOL! Sadly the only pic I have of the GN is old photo's but I ended up adding polished 16" Torque Thrust II's on, looked awesome, old school and new school in perfect harmony....as it should be! ! !

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    I could only get it to run an 8.4 at 92 mph in the 1/8th. Couldnt get lower than a 2.26 60 ft with the tires but I think it has low 7's atleast in her and mine gets between 23-25 hwy. Hard to complain there! And you cant beat the feeling of a turbo spooling up either!

Post Thanks / Like

My car is quite a bit different from all the ones previously posted, It's been running low 11's for awhile now and should be able to get into the 10's this season since i made a few changes. I've been drag racing it for several years now, typically at local tnt's or import events.

90 honda civic
    1.6L sohc turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Thats a nice second Gen. Camaro.I converted a former 69 race car to a pro-street but kept the big block 100 octane, turbo 400 with reverse valve body and 12 bolt.
    Thank you, I appreciate it. It was an original 70 1/2 Z/28 but obviously isn't now. I am the 3rd owner, it was stolen from the original owner and stripped completely, drive train, most interior, etc. 2nd owner purchased it in 74 and turned it into a drag car. I bought it in 1988 and made it what you see now.

Mostly fiberglass and lexan, except the roof and quarters. I haven't ran it all out yet, but should run 9.5 - 9.6 here at Bandimere with a DA of around 7k - 8k ft is usual. If you have raced enough, you know what DA does to an engine. We run Super Gas and at this altitude the index is adjusted from 9.90 to 10.50.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by len426 View Post
    I can tell that was at Epping, NH. I spent many, many hours up there during the 70's & 80's testing and racing which led to running up and down the coast from Gainesville, FL to Montreal. The "GOOD OLD" days!
    New England Dragway!!

Yea Baby!!

Man, it's great to see someone with a good memory!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 90sedan View Post
    My car is quite a bit different from all the ones previously posted, It's been running low 11's for awhile now and should be able to get into the 10's this season since i made a few changes. I've been drag racing it for several years now, typically at local tnt's or import events.

90 honda civic
    1.6L sohc turbo

Love me some Honda power. I used to be a Honda guy back in the day, but upgraded to BMW power, Honda's still have a place on my heart.

Is that a D16yz engine?

Post Thanks / Like

p.s. I love this thread

Ray@AutoGeek.net
    800-869-3011 x245

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast