autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Detailers: Marketing/Advertising

How do you guys market/advertise? I was thinking when I see a dirty car in a parking lot, I should put a flyer on their windshield..but then does that come off being rude? Craigslist.org will be my main source of advertising, because I can just put my website link, attached with a graphic designed flyer, and the town I live in has a website with links of local business's, so I will put my ad on there too. I know the main part of owning your own business is customer service and being good with people.

So what do you guys do?

Discuss.
    Obsessed is a word that lazy people use for Dedicated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know about others but, I get pissed off when people touch my car to put flyers on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, no windshields for me.

It's mainly WOM and referrals. IT's the best way imo, but it does take some time and patience. I'm still looking at things to do. If you don't have business cards yet, get them! I get a TON of people asking me for a card when I tell them I do this on the side. I would look like a total dumb*** and not the real deal if I didn't have these.

I'm somewhat tinkering w/ the idea of getting license plate frames w/ "Hart's Auto Detailing" on them, or something of the like. I would give them to people I know well or any customer that would like to have one. I'm not talking about a ton, maybe like 25 or 50.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokin04
    I don't know about others but, I get pissed off when people touch my car to put flyers on it.
    Yeah thats what I thought too.. But damn that would be a good advertisment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitethunder46
    Yea, no windshields for me.

It's mainly WOM and referrals. IT's the best way imo, but it does take some time and patience. I'm still looking at things to do. If you don't have business cards yet, get them! I get a TON of people asking me for a card when I tell them I do this on the side. I would look like a total dumb*** and not the real deal if I didn't have these.

I'm somewhat tinkering w/ the idea of getting license plate frames w/ "Hart's Auto Detailing" on them, or something of the like. I would give them to people I know well or any customer that would like to have one. I'm not talking about a ton, maybe like 25 or 50.
    Yeah I have cards. Thats a great idea for license plate frames. Its better than a sticker IMO. I'm gonna look for companies that make them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wom..i Agree......

Post Thanks / Like
    flyers in the local neighborhood? don't touch anyone's car either.

but yea WOM seems like your best bet.

CLICK IT.... I know you want to

Post Thanks / Like
    Word of mouth. I work two days a week. I'm booked for one month and have never advertised. This year the first few customers were told that the prices would be lower if they would be willing to tell others ( and only if they could do it in good conscience). It seems to be working. Another thing that I do is keep my standards high. AND last a trick that really seems to knock their socks off: I give them a printed out review of what was done and products used just like you see on here.
    Last edited by Jimmie; 05-22-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie
    Word of mouth. I work two days a week. I'm booked for one month and have never advertised. This year the first few customers were told that the prices would be lower if they would be willing to tell others ( and only if they could do it in good conscience). It seems to be working. Another thing that I do is keep my standards high. AND last a trick that really seems to knock their socks off: I give them a printed out review of what was done and products used just like you see on here.
    Really only 2 days a week? or 2 days a week with a job and the rest detailing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidJ021
    Really only 2 days a week? or 2 days a week with a job and the rest detailing?
    Two days a week detailing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast