autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

My vacation ends tonight, work tomorrow...

And I'm already being called into work. Well, today is a regular day off, not a vacation day, but I'm a 50 mile round trip away from work and my main co-worker called me at 7:38 this morning and left me a text message asking me to come into work for a few hours and he'll be in later because his kid is sick at the hospital. This guy has a girlfriend and his son's mother to help him with the kid, but he's always gotta call out for these instances, as if nobody else will bother to help him. I'm the guy who ALWAYS gets asked to come in. Being that I do such a long round trip to and from work, going in for a few hours is pretty ridiculous and it'll surely turn into me being there until 4 or 5 and then I gotta go into work tomorrow. I sure as hell won't get an opportunity to take another day off during the week. I hate to feel that way, but damn, every time there's a hiccup, I gotta be called to the rescue. So far, I haven't responded... I'm sleeping, lol. I only got up this early because nature rang me early, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My vacation ends tonight, work tomorrow...

i can relate. i never got called in like that, but do have a 50 mile round trip each day. the drive really gets old. bad weather and all.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Just had my boss texting me, too. Sometimes I feel like I'm on call. Sh!t, making $8.50 an hour, always having my chain jerked in every direction, I'm not into being on call. Not like this is the first time. My co-worker has left early before, promised he'd come back to let our guard dogs out, and I wound up getting called and asked to let them out at 7:00 at night, got paid 2 extra hours, but had to drive 50 miles on my day off all while my co-worker was at home playing Xbox. I'm always thrown into these crappy, guilt-ridden situations. I feel guilty that I'm not going in, but most times I'm just like, "F*ck it, it's my day off."

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like work is taking over personal life, Its annoying with technology
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    I feel like work is taking over personal life, Its annoying with technology
    I spend anywhere from 40 to 50 hours at work each week. I like working, even if I were spoiled rich, I'd probably still work because I like to keep myself busy, it's just part of my personality, I guess. I personally feel that whenever my co-worker doesn't show up, when I'm then asked to come in and I can't or don't want to, I feel like it makes ME look bad. I don't know if that's the case and I don't mean to sound selfish or anything negative, but my ass is ALWAYS at work at the time I'm supposed to get there, most times earlier, and I'm always there until 4, sometimes 5 and even until we close, 7 pm. I'll pull 10 to 13 hour shifts. Yeah, it's extra money, I'm always into making more money, but sometimes I feel as if everyone around me thinks I have nothing better to do. I've been there almost 2 years and I've been out sick twice, once a year, asked for a raise and haven't gotten anything. This is the first job where I've actually had to ask for a raise and still didn't get one, even after being promised I'd get one automatically after one year. At least I have paid vacation. All the other days I was supposed to be there, like regular work days, I was there. And I've been there on days that were supposed to be days off and they got flipped around. My point is, I'm at work when I need to be, not at work when I'm scheduled off. Sometimes I feel like my weekends are destined to be effed with by SOMEBODY. This sh!t will be hanging over me for the rest of the day, I'm sure.