autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Poor car

Post Thanks / Like

My Poor car

Sunday night I decided to park outside of my gate that leads to my driveway. I do this all the time and no problems. Well, Monday around 6am, some guy going to work, fell asleep and hit my car. This car has taken a beating!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Poor car-2013-02-18_06-29-21_478-jpg   My Poor car-2013-02-18_07-40-21_833-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Poor car

Wow sorry to hear. That is horrible.

Was sleep the only contributing factor or was there more involved?

Post Thanks / Like

What year and model. Might be totaled. It looks like it may need a new trunk floor.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not totaled, even though if your anything like me a rebuilt car never acts the same as the original you will probably wish it was totaled.. sorry this makes for a super crappy start to your weekend...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

Holly Smokes!!

Sorry your car was demolished!!

Everybody's car's getting hit here, what the heck's going on!!

Taking a shot like I see on that rear quarter probably transferred up the drivers side. The rear door is probably pinned shut and possibly the door pillar shifted. I'm sure the rear frame rail is bent and the trunk looks damaged....

I'm interested to hear the estimates if it's not totaled... looks like a 2004 or 2005

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone. There was no faul play on the guys behalf. He stayed around and called the cops, he left with a tcket. Its an 05 camry with 133,000 on it, as soon as I saw it, i said "new car time!!" Wrong, geico sad 6,000 in damage's and thats 60% of what the car is worth. The adjuster said the damage has to be 75% of what the car is worth. Every site I go to online tells me its worth around 6500, geico said its worth between 10&11,000. I lke the car, but if it drive just a little different, i'm puttinf a forsale sign on it. I'll keep everyone updated.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your eye on it because this repair will likely run higher due to damage uncovered by the body shop not seen by the adjuster. I would suspect this will run close to $9,000 done correctly and DO NOT use their recommended shop...

Have someone from an independent shop give you an estimate...

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Keep your eye on it because this repair will likely run higher due to damage uncovered by the body shop not seen by the adjuster. I would suspect this will run close to $9,000 done correctly and DO NOT use their recommended shop...

Have someone from an independent shop give you an estimate...
    I realized that a couple of days ago. I did use there recommended shop and 2 days after it was their, I remembered I have a guy in queens, who would have totaled it in a heart beat. I'm supposed to be picking it up sometime next week. I keep checking my claim online and the price hasnt changed yet. I do like the car and have had no problems at all with it, but its time for something else.

Post Thanks / Like

If geico is so smart then they should buy the car off of you and fix it and then sell it for 11,000. These insurance companies crack me up. Go to a local car dealer and ask them to look up the auction report on that car. It's worth what the dealer would buy it for at the auction. If Geico would buy all the wrecked car up that they say are worth all this money they could make a profit and your rates should go down. I don't see that happening.
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, that sucks. At least the guy had the decency to stop and call the police. Some a$$holes just drive on by and leave it to be all your problem. Hopefully it gets fixed up alright.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast