autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MMA Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MMA Thread

I love Chris and even more that he's Christian. I was actually putting my money on Silva though. Mostly because we just simply haven't seen him fight that much. I'm convinced this time that he has the skills and the mentality to be champ for a while.

I don't see any MW challengers except maybe Machida beating him. Then again, like I said, he's very smart and will know how to handle Machidas style. I def think, now, that Chris is def a solidified champ. He owned Silva in the first round again and basically KO'd him too.

In the UFC YouTube videos when talking about preparing for this next fight he kept mentioning over and over how they've been training for leg kicks because in first fight they were landing too often. This is no freak accident as he said but a pure thought out defensive move that worked. He earned this win its not another lucky move or mistake by Silva. Ok I'm done. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Rousy stops McMann in 65 seconds! Heard the stoppage was questionable?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    Rousy stops McMann in 65 seconds! Heard the stoppage was questionable?
    Didn't watch but apparently a single knee to the stomach put McMann down, which then Ronda gave a good elbow and that was it. Crazy quick fight!

Owner at Clean N' Shiny Auto Detailing Inc.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, she was getting up as Herb stopped the fight. It was borderline. I think it's so questionable because people want to see Rousey lose. I think Herb Dean was also a bit skittish because in the last fight he officiated, he clearly let it go too far. The guy was clearly ko'ed and getting pounded and he didn't stop it. Even Joe Rogan said it was wrong. Don't misunderstand, I think he is in the top 3 refs the UFC has, but I think that played a part in the Rousey match.

Oh well... When is Cat going to be done with rehab? On to UFC 171, where I have tickets on the floor!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post
    Yeah, she was getting up as Herb stopped the fight. It was borderline. I think it's so questionable because people want to see Rousey lose. I think Herb Dean was also a bit skittish because in the last fight he officiated, he clearly let it go too far. The guy was clearly ko'ed and getting pounded and he didn't stop it. Even Joe Rogan said it was wrong. Don't misunderstand, I think he is in the top 3 refs the UFC has, but I think that played a part in the Rousey match.

Oh well... When is Cat going to be done with rehab? On to UFC 171, where I have tickets on the floor!!!
    herb dean is known to stop fights prematurely and if there's a good match up, one has to wonder how far it will go before he stops it sometimes. not a fan of him and there are other refs that i prefer. i'll take big john mcarthy all day long...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post

While she was trying to get back up by the time Herb stopped it, she went limp and wasn't defending herself at all before that. One hand clutching her body, the other at her side. There's a fine line between premature and late stoppages and in my opinion any referee is going to eventually make mistakes either way. They can't see everything nor make all the right calls at all the right times. Herb Dean was late on the stoppage in the Pyle/Waldburger fight earlier in the night for example. I'm not sure anyone would argue that it wasn't late in that case.

Post Thanks / Like

Your pick in the jones fight tonight?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Texeria and Anthony Johnson

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david11g35 View Post
    Hopefully Texeria and Anthony Johnson