autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Local get together in NJ / share notes / training

Hey gang. I'm here in Central Jersey and wondering if anyone in the forum is local? I'm interested in getting together sharing notes and trying to help each other become better at what we all seem to enjoy doing. I've only been detailing for a few years and know there is still loads to learn. I'd love to go to one of the classes but flying to Florida is out of the question right now (getting married in June and all of my extra money is tied up there).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Local get together in NJ / share notes / training

Yeah, there's a bunch of us interested in doing this. Most people don't have the room at their house or don't want a bunch of people they don't know from Adam and are meeting for the first time at their house, so we've tried to find some sort of venue, without success.

Ideally you'd want someplace with electricity, water, bathroom, and shade. I have seen people set these kind of events up at car dealers on the weekend, if you know someone who is in management at a dealer.

Anyway, there are plenty of members here in NJ who would be interested in this, but also keep in mind these kind of things are notorious for no-shows. If all else fails, Poorboy's World usually has a detailing day or weekend at least once a year up in Nyack. Should be even better this year since they just expanded their facility.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested also. Maybe an AGO member has a detailing or body shop the meet could be held at? My mustang club usually has a detailing day at members houses, but we all know each other very well and some can accommodate a large crowd.

Post Thanks / Like

I work part time for a dealership but there is no way that they would be intrested in anything like that. At this point I'm up for just meeting up at a bar or something at first to just go over notes and stuff. My poor fiancee is about sick of hearing me talk about detailing as it is but she does pretend to care. HAHAHA.
    I'll have to check out Poorboy's World. Do you have any idea when it is?
    WHere in NJ are you by the way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
    I work part time for a dealership but there is no way that they would be intrested in anything like that.

I'll have to check out Poorboy's World. Do you have any idea when it is?

WHere in NJ are you by the way?
    There's really nothing in it for the dealer, that only works if you know the management or if you've got a car club that maybe people would buy from the dealer (like a Mustang club at a Ford dealer). Poorboy did one at a dealer before he moved to where he is now.

The Poorboy's dates vary but they usually announce them on here.

I'm in Essex county.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not apart of any club like that and it's a Dodge dealer and right now I have a Honda Accord so that wouldn't really work out.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the date for Poorboys's WOrld. Just pulled the directions on mapquest and it's only about 1hr 4min.

Mercer County here

Post Thanks / Like

As I said, the dealer thing never works out, even though those are ideal locations. The downside to the Poorboys events is that they are "Poorboy's only"; they ask you not to bring any products, the purpose of the event is to promote and allow you to sample their products, so it's not really an open event, so to speak.

It's possible I might have access to a decent location later in the year, but I don't know right now.

Post Thanks / Like

I figured that was all the Poorboy's thing was. Would be nice if there was some sort of detail fest up here in the north east though.

Keep me posted if you get the location.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be in for something. I am new to the scene and would love to get some pointers from people who know more. I wouldn't mind having people over my house but there is no shade and my driveway is only two cars wide but I can probably do four long for a total of 8. I'm going to look into the poorboys meet.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsg03gt View Post
    I would be in for something. I am new to the scene and would love to get some pointers from people who know more. I wouldn't mind having people over my house but there is no shade and my driveway is only two cars wide but I can probably do four long for a total of 8.
    Shade is overrated. Besides, some of us have EZ-Ups. Where are you located?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast