autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Makita, Dewalt, or Milwaukee Cordless Drill

I have finally decided that I need to get rid of the POS Craftsman cordless drill that I have. I have been looking at either Makita, Dewalt, or Milwaukee. I would be using it around the house for projects that would come up so it isnt going to be getting used a lot so I'm not looking to drop $300 on the drill. I was thinking 18 volt lithium battery. Anybody have any input on what brand is going to be better for what I'll be using it for? Amy specific drill you would recommend? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Makita, Dewalt, or Milwaukee Cordless Drill

I am always going to recommend Ridgid. They are only carried at Home Depot but they come with a Lifetime service agreement. This includes the batteries. You cant get that with any other brand. Awesome tools as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you would be happy with either. I have used mostly DeWalt. You may want to check the replacement cost of batteries since they will die before the tool.

Post Thanks / Like

Crapsman tools

Post Thanks / Like

I really like my dewalt. Very easy to adjust the clutch and speeds. Had it since I was 14, still going strong

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all pretty much manufactured in the same place from the research I have done; somewhere in Asia. That being said I would look at which you can get the cheapest with the best warranty and check reviews before purchasing.
    FYI, they only brand I found that with HD or Lowes carries that works up to 2,000rpm is dewalt. I purchased the dewalt combo kit(dck280c2) that comes with two 20v Max lithium ion 1.5Ah batteries, charger, compact drill/driver, and compact impact driver, for approximately $208 after taxes. You can kind tons of drills on eday but I liked know I was the first owner and it had all the paper work that comes with it. IMO dewalt and PC are very similar if not the same with just a little different look. I do like the fit and finish of the dewalt combo better than others though. I was going for as light and powerful as I could and think for the money at the time I got the best.
    Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using AG Online
    Shaun Shines Automotive Detailing, VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. http://www.facebook.com/ShaunShinesDetailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Makita version of ShaunD's DeWalt, and like him, am happy with what I have. I'm guessing you would be as happy with Ridgid or Milwaukie.

The thing is, though, you might take a look at the additional tools that take the same battery within each brand to see if one tool line holds an advantage for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
    I am always going to recommend Ridgid. They are only carried at Home Depot but they come with a Lifetime service agreement. This includes the batteries. You cant get that with any other brand. Awesome tools as well.
    2x on this love my Ridgid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    99 Chevy Silverado (daily driver)
    00 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Turboed (Summer Toy)

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 12v dewalt that lasted for years. Battery replacement costs justified getting an 18v. I went with the Milwaukee combo pack. Runs great with lots of power. Had the circ saw, flashlight, impact, 2 batteries, charger and heavy duty bag. It was $250 at Costco. I don't think you can go wrong with a y of them in that price range.

Post Thanks / Like

I am using the 18 volt Li-Ion Milwaukee. It was on sale at OSH last year. You got the drill, an impact driver (3/8 inch), 2 batteries, and a charger and case. It ended up costing $164.95 after all the rebates and a 20% off coupon. Couldn't resist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast