autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post

I've been through this stage before. I lost ALL passion for detailing. I came very close to selling everything! It's a phase some of us go through. I'm sure glad I got back into the swing of things. I LOVE IT!!!!!
    Same here to the T. Im starting to come out if the slump myself. Glad to be back amongst the community!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lost my interest in washing n waxing n detailing.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy Fuller View Post
    Same here to the T. Im starting to come out if the slump myself. Glad to be back amongst the community!

For me, I became frustrated because I was not getting the results that I wanted(polishing). I tend to compare myself to the very skilled professionals, but I realized my skill set is not there YET! As Jim Valvano once said, "don't give up, don't ever give up" !!!!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I under stand 100% I love detailing everyone else's cars but mine now. I don't get any joy out of it. I think the biggest reason for me is I'm not getting paid. So when I have to do mine feels to much like work lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I under stand 100% I love detailing everyone else's cars but mine now. I don't get any joy out of it. I think the biggest reason for me is I'm not getting paid. So when I have to do mine feels to much like work lol.
    ^This

I don't think it's too much about "not getting paid" for me though. More like, I feel that on my car I gotta go big or go home every time. It's hard for me just to "clean" my car... it's like a full detail every time. I can't help it

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby's right, sometimes we just need to walk away from something's when the begin to feel like a drag. After some time goes by you may find yourself wanting to detail that car again.

Post Thanks / Like

Truthfully, once you master the basics of detailing, it can be boring. Unless you like to polish for fun, most people get a routine that maintains their good finish and stick with it.

A lot of good products out there, but most of them are very similar. There is just not a lot more you can do other than prep, clean, polish, coat, and wax.
    OptiCoat is a great product. You should try it.
    If you are one of the 43% who do not pay FIT taxes, thank me for paying your share and my share.

Post Thanks / Like

its ok to take a break, its also hard to fix it if it aint broke. when those swirls return after a long break that should get you back in the game. It doesn't hurt to get a friend involved, I can't stand working on any ones car if they are not there to keep me company. Or teach someone the skills you have learned. Lots of ways to keep the interest going

Post Thanks / Like

i love detailing. for me the winter months let me step back from it. kind of depressing when you want to detail, but these few months of winter will not allow it. i do washes when the weather breaks and allows. the off months are good for stocking up on products and sales! then when spring hits it feels damn good to get back into it! i have no loss of love for the hobby.....yet.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    I'm confused... the Clubman didn't come out till 2007 in the UK, 2008 here. Is like 1 human year 4 car detailing years?

Well this is my Mini Clubman. My 1st car.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^ That's just plain coolness.

Do you have another hobby that you're passionate about? It definitely helps switching things up a bit.

My older brother went through a similar phase; bored and bummed out from the daily grind. I suggested riding and he dropped my motorbike after making two circles in the lot. lol That's when I showed him a scooter (Honda Ruckus). He bought one and is now happy as a clam putting around. They're a blast to ride & tinker with. Being on two-wheel is a great antidote for boredom/dwindling flame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12