autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

1-year car lease?

Hi all. A work associate of mine (honestly, it's not for me) wanted me to do some research on car leasing, but is very interested in a 1-year lease (if anyone offers those), despite the fact that it's not going to be very cost effective.

So my question is: any idea if those are offered and, if so, how might I get more information (aside from just emailing dealers) as to actual pricing, etc...

Or for actual lease prices is the only way to get accurate info to actually contact a dealer (unlike for buying where I can easily go to true car or dozens of other sites to get actual pricing).

Alternatively, does anyone know if any company rents cars on a monthly basis to the point where it would cost around the same as a 1-year lease?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1-year car lease?

Quote Originally Posted by newb001 View Post
    Hi all. A work associate of mine (honestly, it's not for me) wanted me to do some research on car leasing, but is very interested in a 1-year lease (if anyone offers those), despite the fact that it's not going to be very cost effective.

So my question is: any idea if those are offered and, if so, how might I get more information (aside from just emailing dealers) as to actual pricing, etc...

Or for actual lease prices is the only way to get accurate info to actually contact a dealer (unlike for buying where I can easily go to true car or dozens of other sites to get actual pricing).

Alternatively, does anyone know if any company rents cars on a monthly basis to the point where it would cost around the same as a 1-year lease?

Thanks!
    I've never heard of someone with a 1-yr lease, 24 months yes, but on a 1-yr your payments would be ridiculously high because of the depreciation.

...I would think a dealership may be willing to do it if you really want that high of a payment.

My sister rented a car for a few months back in the early 2000's...I recall her paying around $700-800 a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link. Sorry, I should have mentioned though that they want it to be a new car, so taking over a lease wouldn't work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I've never heard of someone with a 1-yr lease, 24 months yes, but on a 1-yr your payments would be ridiculously high because of the depreciation.
    +1, the first year is when a car depreciates the most. I have also never heard of 12 months leases, to my recollection, I think I saw toyota canada once did an 18 month lease. Back in 2007 before the recession. Not too sure

Post Thanks / Like

I did it in the summer of 2006 on a G35 coupe. Since the next generation was coming the next summer, I wanted to be able to upgrade when it came out. It was not cost effective, but not as bad as you'd think. It worked out to about 20/month more than the 2007 sedan I purchased in 2007 (although the sticker was slightly higher on the sedan if I recall). Was it worth it? For me it was worth the extra money AND I learned that I needed a sedan anyway at the time. Glad I wasn't committed for 2 years.