autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ongoing RUPES review - all opinions welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by g26er View Post
    Really? What about the smaller 15 backing plate on the 21? Do you think the orbit would be too large for the 5.5" pads?
    When I get my 15 i'll try it out. From what I've read, the machine will not be as finely balanced without the original backing plate. But, I will definitely try when it comes in and let you all know.

Owner of Dream Detail LLC

Post Thanks / Like

All I can say is that I placed an order for a Rupes from Kevin yesterday and really look forward to using it.

As somone who has sold warranties and lifetime warrantied products, I could care less about the warranty. If it works through the first three cars, odds are it will work for a long time. Besides, Kevin, unlike some of the other sellers, has torn these down and knows how to work on them. I have no fear.

If the 21mm Rupes saves me a few hours and reduces stress, it's money well spent in my book.
    Chris

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Travis, Diman here. I have a 15E backing plate and all color 5" pads coming in for my 21E.

I understand what Travis is saying that this tool may not be for everyone. The machine is $400, the pads are $15 each, $40+ bottle of polish. It doesn't work with existing backing plates, so I had to get the Rupes 5" for $37. A full time detailer will recoup that expense quickly. For the weekend warrior, how many times will he have to polish or wax his car to recoup?

I'm with PorscheGuy997, I don't care about the warranty. This machine delivers faster results, which leads to more $$$. I would buy a new one each year if I had to because it's just that much better than the PCXP and GG6.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the input Diman! Let us know how the balance is with the 15E backing plate. With the smaller pad size on the 21mm orbit & the washer mod, you should be able to get some ridiulously fast correction.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used my 15 on about 20 cars now. I find it works better and easier with both micro pads and foam pads of varying brands. I am interested in trying the rupes pads . I find it works very well on Porsche as I do a lot of them. Even on the softer Ferrari paint I find it works great using sonax perfect finish and a polishing pad to achieve a nearly one step showcar finish. I have not used my flex tools since, and only use my griots with a 3 inch pad. As mr. Dalton says,it will make you put your rotary away. I would like to know how the rupes products work from someone who has them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PorscheGuy997 View Post
    All I can say is that I placed an order for a Rupes from Kevin yesterday and really look forward to using it.

As somone who has sold warranties and lifetime warrantied products, I could care less about the warranty. If it works through the first three cars, odds are it will work for a long time. Besides, Kevin, unlike some of the other sellers, has torn these down and knows how to work on them. I have no fear.

If the 21mm Rupes saves me a few hours and reduces stress, it's money well spent in my book.
    If Tom can clear his schedule Friday , we will come down and give your 21 and his 15 a workout. Bringing some M100 and HD CUT along with us.

Post Thanks / Like

The LHR15 came in yesterday. I'm not sure when I'll get to use it though, no cars are currently lined up

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to hear how 15 compares to 21. I still can't decide on which one to go with. I have a lot of 6" B&S pads, if 15 works well I'd rather go that rout.
    CORN FED STI

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slava View Post
    I'd really like to hear how 15 compares to 21. I still can't decide on which one to go with. I have a lot of 6" B&S pads, if 15 works well I'd rather go that rout.
    Unless you're detailing a lot of large panels I would go with the 15. The large orbit with the larger backing plate & pads of the 21 means that you are working a HUGE area. There's a reason the 15 has the word "Detailing" on it. I have also heard that the 15 is smoother than the 21 but won't know for sure until I try it out.

Here's my next job, I'll start on it either next Sunday or the week after. 5 day job with 3 coats of C1 + EXO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrKent View Post
    Unless you're detailing a lot of large panels I would go with the 15. The large orbit with the larger backing plate & pads of the 21 means that you are working a HUGE area. There's a reason the 15 has the word "Detailing" on it. I have also heard that the 15 is smoother than the 21 but won't know for sure until I try it out.

Here's my next job, I'll start on it either next Sunday or the week after. 5 day job with 3 coats of C1 + EXO.

Can't wait to see your write up on this. Have you heard anything about swapping out the backing plate on the 21 to a 5".
    CORN FED STI

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast